video Wild Jakes visiting my penned wild turks

wilds of pa

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 17, 2007
The Blue Mountains of Pa
Heres a video from early today i had to chase some wild males/Jakes off, because of the fighting through the fencing with my penned wild Turk's.. there still here yet at this time, but down on the south side of our property

enjoy
gig.gif

Ms.FuzzyButts, sure if your up this way when the season comes on you surely will get one here..

hunter1hall, I'm sure i could catch them when they act none afraid of us humans.. last year i had 15 wild Jakes here at one time, they had my flight pens surrounded, wish i would have filmed it..

Quote:
What's the bag limit, how much are non-resident tags and when does season open???
big_smile.png
Ours starts this Tuesday, but these turkeys aren't that easy to lay eyes on.

Ive taken many turkey in pa.. its very quit in the woods here during this time of year, on the opening day and week of turkey opening the game lands can get pretty full here in pa but after that week it seems to die out with hunters rather quickly.

one thing good were i hunt it is pretty much land locked to hunters that dont own land or a home in the general area. so we virtually have 1000's of acres with little disturbance during turkeys season, however when deer hunting comes in most of the folks in the land locked area will hunt deer. were i hunt it is mostly heavy wooded areas and try to catch them coming off the roost in the morning.

for spring gobbler you may only hunt until 12:00 pm and then you must be out of the woods by 1:00pm

SPRING GOBBLER (Bearded bird only): May 1-31, 2010. Daily limit 1, season limit 2. (Second spring gobbler may only be taken by persons who possess a valid special wild turkey license.)

WILD TURKEY (Male or Female): Wildlife Management Units 1A, 1B and 2A (Shotgun and bow and arrow) – Oct. 31-Nov. 14; WMU 2B (Shotgun and bow and arrow) – Oct. 31- Nov. 21; WMUs 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 4A and 4B – Oct. 31-Nov. 14; WMUs 2G, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4C, 4D and 4E – Oct. 31-Nov. 21; WMUs 5A and 5B – CLOSED TO FALL TURKEY HUNTING; and WMUs 5C and 5D (Shotgun and bow and arrow) – Oct. 31-Nov. 4 (1 bird limit, either sex).

Nonresident Adult Hunting 17 & up $101.70

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom