Vinegar

It's actually the unpasteurized organic apple cider vinegar with mother of vinegar (the sediment) in it. It helps them maintain a proper pH in their gut. They seem to like the flavor too. You only put a tablespoon or two in a gallon of water.

Be sure to use only stainless, glass or chrome with the Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV). Plastic and galvanized steel or aluminum with the ACV will leach toxic stuff into the water.

I belong to an a yahoo organic chickens group and everyone swears it keeps them healthy by warding off disease and keeping parasites under control, along with the good ph in the gut.

We also put garlic in the water and food grade diatmaceous earth in the feed--check out the group at yahoo--just trying organic chickens...it explains all.

R
Carmichael, Ca

I've been adding the ACV to my chickens water, but I've been adding it ONLY to their plastic waterers
sad.png

None of my info said adding it to plastic containers was harmful.

Julie

I know that you cannot use it with metal waterers; Never heard anything about plastic ones. Most people use plastic ones; in fact, I've never even seen a chrome or glass waterer. I add it to the plastic ones, since that is all I use other than my 5 gallon galvanized one.

Back
Top Bottom