Vintage Widow Treatments- Please HELP!!!!!!!!!

My bed is not hard to sleep on...well, I take it back...I have 2 little girls that are always in and out of my bed.

and obviously...I don't use sheets...they are on the windows. The sun...is no longer in my eyes.
cool.png

Quote:
Isn't that hard to sleep on?

Imp

I'll bet it's a real pane to sleep on them!
lau.gif
gig.gif
tongue2.gif

I had a friend who took some white sheets that had a rose embroidery along the big end that usually goes at the top of the bed and died the sheets a deep red and used them as curtains in his windows. Looked pretty good, as he put plain sheers behind them.

By the way, the link that Beth posted was to a post I made regarding vintage fabrics on the Hobby/Crafts forum only because after searching for an hour last night I couldn't find this posting, even though I thought I had subscribed to it.

Check it out as I spent some time finding several web addresses that dealt with vintage fabrics

Last edited:
a pane...you're awful!
tongue.png

I have deep red plaid sheets, some golden sheets (or do we call that buff here?), and even a turquoise blue Mickey mouse sheet....I'm styling.

I just have so many windows and my tastes for window treatments is more than I can budget for at this time and I will not screw cheep blinds into my nice wood stained windows...I'll live with the sheets for now.

me,
g

G, check out freecycle and craigslist and watch for people offering curtains and stuff like that. Or look for just plain white sheets on sale somewhere and get some Ritz die at the market and die them whatever color you want. If you have a sewing machine with the embroidery function you can add some really neat designs to them before you die them.

You can get those spring loaded tension rods at the Dollar store that fit inside the casement and hang the curtains from them.

oh...your makin me work too hard.
th.gif

The one thing with 2 sets of windows is....they are 3 windows in a row...and there is no where to put anything within the window because of the tracking...I'd have to do a long curtain on the outside. These are along my east and west windows....2 sets of> 3 windows. And then the other 3 windows in these adjoining rooms along the north wall are all different sizes and kind of wider than your average window. Very frustrating.

I will check out freecycle and craigslist...i've never done that.

me,
g

Back
Top Bottom