Violence and crime shot up here too

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
We live very far away from the border, but we have a sizable Mexican population here. Mostly, they are extremely compliant as they want to stay under the radar. Most are legal, but some are not.

But, recently, we had a significant uptick in robberies and break ins. Expected in the economic climate; but yesterday two men tried to abduct a woman from a local mini mart type store. The men were Hispanic and yelled at her in spanish but she did not understand what they were saying. They took her purse and car, but it was clear they were trying to abduct her too.

People are afraid it was a planned kidnapping. The woman is from a fairly wealthy family.

I have WHAT in my yard? :

We live very far away from the border, but we have a sizable Mexican population here. Mostly, they are extremely compliant as they want to stay under the radar. Most are legal, but some are not.

But, recently, we had a significant uptick in robberies and break ins. Expected in the economic climate; but yesterday two men tried to abduct a woman from a local mini mart type store. The men were Hispanic and yelled at her in spanish but she did not understand what they were saying. They took her purse and car, but it was clear they were trying to abduct her too.

People are afraid it was a planned kidnapping. The woman is from a fairly wealthy family.

OM gosh!! that is dreadful!! now you feel threatened going to the minimart! Keep safe.....​

I can guarantee you I won't be leaving my kids in the car!!!

The sudden uptick in robberies has me pushing the garage doors higher up the priority list than they had been. We can't afford to have cars or even all of DHs tools stolen.

Are others seeing upticks on robberies?? Or is it all over now that the market is UP UP UP??

unfortunately I think its the sign of the times, its everywhere. I think it doesn't matter where you live anymore. Things are just so bad, its scary. Makes you wonder when things will start to turn around for us?? Personally, I don't see any positive change happening anytime soon.
sad.png

We just had a lady in my church robbed at gunpoint by two men. They walked up to her and handed her a business card, then preceeded to pull a gun on her and rob her.

Very scary.

Crime is not very prevailent here, but I suppose in a town of 2000 we pretty much know who are the bad eggs.
big_smile.png
I live in the country, but I know all my neighbours and everyone that comes down our dirt road. Also it is hard to sneak around in the countryside as I can see for miles across the valley from my house.
So, as for your question, no I do not think crime is on the rise everywhere, but it is in alot of place struck by this bad economic situation.
Where I live we can not get people to take jobs that pay less then $10.00. Last night on the news, I heard a company, Sikes I believe, is closing its doors in Minot because they can not get enough people to on thier payroll, just a year ago they had planned to expand. I know that this is unusual in most of the country right now, but in the MonDak region of ND and MT. we seem to have a surplus of jobs and no one to fill them. Less not as much criminal activity.

Quote:
Yes, that to.
frow.gif
It must be the frozen wasteland thng
wee.gif

It was stll 30 below 0 here yesterday, and people are talking about spring....HA!

Back
Top Bottom