Virginia- Need Female Duck ASAP

lisabug

Songster
11 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Portersville, PA
Looking for a female duck of anytype.

I have 1 male duck whose partner passed away from an infection. He needs a new friend (or 2) to hang out with. Any breed is fine. We will drive a couple hours if need be!

They have a large fenced in area and a big kiddie pool and live in the same general area as the goats and chickens (but have their own coop).

It is so sad to see one duck waddling through the yard. They are my buddies!!!

Thanks! I might try but I have a wedding in NC that night! I went to the recent Danville Swap and there were NO chickens or ducks at all.

I am really hoping to find my male duck (his name is Peking) a friend. I am so afraid he is gonna get to lonely and die too. He seems to be eating and all....now that I am done crying I can look other places as well...if anyone knows of a duck (or 2) that can be friendly with my male duck PLEASE let me know!

Terrie Lacy is a mod here and she is involved with a duck rescue organization. For the life of me, I can't remember what it's called right now. Anyway, if you pm her, she can give you the website address and you can look on there for LOTS of ducks that need new homes. Good luck and I hope you find a girlie for your duck soon!

Ellen

I have a duck that needs a home, but I have no idea if it is male or female. Can you tell just by looking at them? Here's a pic:
4477_p1010200k.jpg

I am in VA between South Boston & Lynchburg.

I am interested in both of those ducks. I can not tell if it is male or female (I am bad at that). The only way I knew mine were male is that they had a little curled feather on their tale and I never saw them mating or laying eggs.

I was told it might be OK to have a male and male that weren't raised together because drakes aren't like chickens and have read both positive and negative things on this board.

I live a little north of Danville, VA and would drive a ways to get a duck friend or two.

I will PM you two as well....

Back
Top Bottom