Virginia Poultry Breeders Association - Fall Show 2009

So, I ended up bailing and staying home today. Just too much to do to be away from the farm all day! So, updates, please!
big_smile.png
How did everyone do?

I was cooping in my star rosecomb pullet, smoothing out her feathers and giving her a kiss good luck (5 min. late, of course)
hide.gif
when I bent over to fill up her little water cup and I saw these beautiful show boxes with a name on them...looked a bit closer and it said, "The Bennett Family"
th.gif

My beautiful girl didn't place but I was very proud of her as she looked great next to all of their girls and was worthy of showing with them
big_smile.png

Rusty and I (more I than Rusty) hahahhahah had a great time. My son did too. It was a great spot to have a chicken show. There was a corrall where we let the kids all run it out and a great heated building with food and various goodies. The show building itself was new and clean.

This show had a ton of oegb's. There was a little blue wheaten pullet that was just awesome. She was a gorgeous little bird and was full of spunk. I sang to her a bit evertime I walked by
love.gif
..Low and behold she went almost the whole way. The last time I saw her she was on champion row taking it all in.
big_smile.png
The judges were down to her and a Bennett rosecomb for champion bantam, I believe. I think they were both actually Bennett birds. Anyway, lots of nice stuff. Lots of white on champion row... a white polish, leghorn, cochin.. all beautiful and crispy clean!

After my eldest daughter had expressed a desire for silkies, we succumbed and now have two. Dusty and Moira are now doing the Silkie thing in her room, indoor Taj Mahal coop stuff is soon to commence, and Dusty is a fabulous alarm clock. (He went off at 6:30am this morning, at which point I cracked an eye, poked my hubby so we could both laugh, and then went back to sleep. Diapers are soon to manifest.)

Got a Golden Phoenix cockerel for my other daughter.

Wound up with 4 D'Anvers in Quail. 2 cocks and 2 pullets. They are "Spritely and Uprightly" about...everything. I guess I need 1 or 2 more show quality girls to really complete the set.

I really want to thank those folks from MD who brought the plastic chicken crates. You made my husband very happy.

And...we got all that stuff and birds packed into a Dodge Caliber for the trip home!

No Problem. I'm glad that someone like your daughter got her. She was such a nice little hen, very sweet and easygoing. I was hoping she would go to someone who would pamper & love her. From talking to your daughter, I get the feeling she is on her way to becoming spoiled rotten! Good luck with her. Thanks again,
April

Quote:
Yep. She's all snuggly and stuff. My daughter thanks you for the bird and the info.
smile.png

Sorry for the delay....I had a great time.

Here are a few photos:

Black Silkie Cockerel, 1st place and RV
Warrenton090.jpg

White Silkie Cockerel: 1st place - who buggered up his head on the way home
hit.gif

Warrenton027.jpg

Splash Silkie Cockerel: 1st place RV
Warrenton152.jpg

Blue Silkie Pullet: 3rd place
Warrenton138-1.jpg

Blue Orpington Cockerel: 1st place
Warrenton004.jpg

Buff Orpington Cockerel: 2nd place
Warrenton053.jpg

Black Orpington Cockerels: 1st and 2nd places
Warrenton097.jpg

Warrenton112.jpg

Bantam Black Orpington Cockerel: 1st, BV, and BB
Warrenton074.jpg

Blue Orpington Pullets won 1st, 2nd, 3rd, RV, and BV

Black Orpington Pullets won 1st, 2nd and a RV

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to Tom & the VPBA members. What a great show, we had a super time. So nice meeting up with old friends and making new ones. What an awesome way to end the show year. See you all again in 2010, West Springfield Mass. or bust!
April

Ok here are some more pics/results from the show.

April's birds- Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Hen-1st,BV,BB
Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Cockerel-1st

Kenny's Birds-Bantam Columbian Wyandotte Pullet-1st,BV
Bantam White Wyandotte Hen-1st,BV
Bantam White Wyandotte Cockerel-1st,RV

Brody's Birds-1st Junior Showmanship With Marlene an 8 month old Sebastopol Goose!
Bearded Silkie Partridge Hen-1st
Bearded Silkie Partridge Pullet-2nd,RV
Bearded Silkie Blue Pullet-2nd,RV
Bearded Silkie Black Pullet-1st,BV,Jr Champion Featherleg

Call Duck White Old Drake-1st,BV,Jr Champion Bantam Duck,Jr Champion Waterfowl
Call Duck White Old Drake-2nd,RV,Res Jr Champion Bantam Duck,Res Jr Champion Waterfowl
Call Duck White Old Duck-2nd
Call Duck Grey Young Duck-1st
Call Duck Grey Young Drake-4th

Magpie Blue & White Old Drake-1st,BB,Reserve Champion Light Weight Duck

Sebastopol White Young Goose-1st,RB
Sebastopol White Old Gander-1st,BB,Reserve Champion Medium Weight Goose

Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Hen-2nd, Jr Reserve Champion RCCL
Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Hen-3rd
Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Pullet-3rd
Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Pullet-4th
Bantam Silverlaced Wyandotte Cockerel-2nd
Brody's Birds