Virginia

Pics
I am in Alexandria and want to get a couple of silkie. I don't even have a coop yet. Just doing some research on raising chickens. I have two kids, a 6 and an 8 year old. I am looking for any suggestions as to where to get them or if I should hatch them, except I don't want a rooster.

Gee, better late than never!! LOL Hi everybody. Been here since Feb. and just now checking this thread!
roll.png
Can't wait for Chickenstock!! I hope all y'all are coming. If anybody has a naked neck hen to bring, I really really am trying to find one.

Also, I would like to contact Andrew (akahn01) as he's just a stone's throw from me in Fairfax. How can I contact him? His email addy isn't listed. Thanks!

Ellen

Hi Ellen: Hey, don't forget me. I live in Gainesville, a few miles west of ya. Andrew lives in Fairfax but I'm not sure if he still frequents the site.

How deep are you into the chicken hobby? I'm a member of ABA and SPPA, but don't have the room to raise chickens, and my HOA would frown on that
tongue.png
. But that didn't stop me from incubating 19 peeps, which are in a brooder in my garage as I type.

Did you go to the Va Poultry Breeders Show on May 5th? Great place to just talk chicken.

E-mail me! And for MarkR, I'd love to talk bees with you. I don't own any, but think I'd like to take up that hobby when I retire in 3 yrs.

New to the board and wanted to say HI
frow.gif

I just got my peeps on 9/13/2007
wee.gif
and can't stop watching them:love

They were hatched on 9/10/2007:jumpy

Kat

Back
Top Bottom