Virginia

I'm in Madison county about 25 miles from Charlottesville, VA thought I was the only Virginian here so glad I'm not but still like making new friends from all over
welcome-byc.gif

nope. Virginia seems to be full of chicken nuts. LOL yeah i'm one of em.

Is anyone planning on going to the Charlottesville Tractor supply this coming Saturday?

I’m trying to decide if I should go. A friend of mine wants some hatching eggs for a broody…orpington preferably. I’d love to get some of the more interesting colors for her. I know she already has buff.

she's so excited about her broody going broody...it's cute!

Last edited:
Is anyone planning on going to the Charlottesville Tractor supply this coming Saturday?

I’m trying to decide if I should go. A friend of mine wants some hatching eggs for a broody…orpington preferably. I’d love to get some of the more interesting colors for her. I know she already has buff.

she's so excited about her broody going broody...it's cute!
the TSC in Christiansburg apparently is having ANOTHER swap this weekend, but I already have plans, so won't be there. but i'll be in Roanoke the week after.

Greene county i have a couple buff orphs a couple BRs and 3 seabrightWhich i love they are pretty neat we had more but a fox desided he/she needed a chicken dinner one night, so i will soon be getting some new babies once my new coop is finished.....am i crazy forwnting to name my feathered friends my hubby thinks i am lol i have named two my roo i named oscar hes one of my BRs and my seabright she is black with a pretty caramel color mixed in her name is pecan....what kind of chickens do you have neighbor??

I'm finally offering eggs! I've got a bst up with the list of what's what, if anyone is interested. most know my list, but it will also include potential weebies! 8)

off to bed now. praying for predator free sleep tonight for everyone.

We have been having serious fox/coyote problems here, too. Whatever it is has been taking chickens during the afternoon!!! We freerange and I really don't want to have to pen them up (not set up for it) but I am at a loss. we have dogs but they are too lazy. we just got a LGD breed puppy but it will be a while before he grows up enough to be useful. but our coops are very secure, so if you need help designing a new coop let me know.

oh, and I have about one of everything. but more dorkings and Barnevelders than anything else.

lost a little porcelain d'uckle girl today
he.gif

she was so sweet. why cant they take the dumb little roosters that I didn't want anyways.

Last edited:
I'm from Smyth Co. I have 10 White rock / mutts, was told they were pure white rocks but I've never seen white rocks with some brown feathers so... Also have one beautiful little Silver Hamburg. I thankfully don't have too many grown bound predators, just a lot of hawks that hang around, and a family of chipmunks that seem intend on emptying me feeders.

Back
Top Bottom