Virginia

Ki4got,

Ya know, I probably know you or at least would recognize your face. I'm buddies with Joe Smart and been going to the swaps for a bit now. He knows all the "old men" who hang out there being in birds almost 2 of my lifespans. If you see a chubby 40ish fellow likely with a cigar in his mouth that's me.

Blrw Bantam? Just curious what that means? Black Rose ? Bantam? Guess its time to search. :)
blue laced red Wyandotte bantam (not large fowl)
aka this guy and gal...

turned out when she was penned with her chicks outside (not in the brooder) she was a crappy momma... she'd just leave them alone and walk away, up on the roost, ignore them if they were 'lost' etc. so they went into the chick only pen and did just fine. that pic was her back in June.

not the greatest color on either of them, but I like their type, so hoping the color is better in the chicks. if I ever get any... she's finally laying again, penned with him for the last 3 weeks so the eggs should be pure now. i'll set the first 5 or 6 then start offering eggs for sale too once I verify fertility is good. but I only have the 1 girl to go with him, so they will be VERY limited in quantities.

Last edited:
Well Karen your Bantam BLRW cockerel is beautiful
love.gif
. He looks a lot like a cockerel that I used to have, sadly I sold my entire flock of them
sad.png
, had to downsize.

No I sold them as well
hit.gif
. I went from 14 breeds down to 8, was running out of room, feed costs were killing me not to mention the work!!! I am sorry I wasn't able to meet you at Gilmanor this past May as would have liked to meet you in person!!

No I sold them as well
hit.gif
. I went from 14 breeds down to 8, was running out of room, feed costs were killing me not to mention the work!!! I am sorry I wasn't able to meet you at Gilmanor this past May as would have liked to meet you in person!!
any chance the person who bought the lf or bantams likes to travel south now and then? 8)

yes, I didn't know you were there until after the fact... who knows we may have made eye contact and never known. I didn't wander around much since my back was giving me fits. plus the fact that i'd spent more than I made until near the end of the swap LOL

Well the person that purchased the bantams lives near Niagara Falls, I am not in contact with her so I have no idea. The standards went to a nice young man (15) who was very excited to get them. It was hard for me to part with them as I had been working on the for almost 5 years and was finally getting the nice dark mahogany lacing and deep blue (no splash).
Gilmanor we were mostly hanging around with MD but was able to meet a few other BYC memebers which was great, who knows maybe next spring Karen!!!

Still got six mixed breed chicks that need homes!! Any takers? They are free; Im just north of Richmond!!
They really want to be adopted!!

Back
Top Bottom