Virginia

Steroid shots DIRECTLY into my knees. Wow that hurt. Takes the swelling down somewhat, and takes away some of the pain somewhat. Should have swelling down before surgery. I looked around and thought I am the youngest person in here.

When I lived out west. I worked out at the Lake Merritt Nautilus and Fitness Center for my body building. East coast I always worked out at at the Gym on Base and the YMCA. In all those years I never had any serious injuries. Oh,... I did have shin splints once in the 70's preparing for a marathon. Happened again once in the 80's But that is it. No pulled muscles from weight lifting. Sprained my ankle once Tap Dancing in the 90's once. But that really is not much. So here I was just doing house work in my own home... This really boggles my mind. I know this floor plan like the back of my hand. I know each and every stair, now I can say intimately.

So, I have asked my hubby and son to watch after my chickies while I am in hospital for surgery. I have asked them to please take good care of them. They are not going to sing to them, I am told. My son said he will talk to them for me and ask them their preference for fruit or veggie for the day for snacks. He talks to his too. He listens to them all as well. I want to make sure each and everyone of them gets picked up and petted as they are being talked and sang to. After surgery I will be getting up and moving around but going down there and taking are of them immediately afterwards is impossible. And to think, I wanted to move them all over onto the top of the mountain and take the 4x4 to feed & water them. I changed my mind bc of all the bear! Has any one noticed all the bear this year?

I have been looking at a beefier solar powered electric horse fence. My son will be using that for his, ground it to the chainlink fence.

I am looking for the heaviest duty solar powered electric horse fence. Any one out there have one to recommend and please tell why. We have fencing around our bees. Has anyone had problems with bear & mink this year. They are brutal. I saw that thing out the bathroom window. I saw that thing running and climbing the fencing. Its entire body jiggling. I saw that thing standing in my trash. I saw that thing walking the path. Last year the one that resides on our property had two cubs. Those boogars are into everything this year. Enclosed pic.

I had bought a trailer for TSC just for flock swaps/ Chicken swaps. My hubby was modifying it. We got the ones that are discounted 100. Off reg price. It was the landscapers. He took off the ramp and welded on a bar. We were building cages for my set up. We had used His and I found it was too large and heavy. The car transporter was out of question since just the trailer was over kill. I really needed one for me. He said he will make the cage a one piece on each side that will bolt on and hold 5 large cages on each side. I had left them on the trailer under the canopy but that is too high so we put the boxes and cages on the ground so people could see. Because my hubby said he would fix it so the cage system bolts on I will be able to put other things on it.

I told him I wanted to be able to start hauling out more antiques and things to sell again. I cleared out ALOT at a consignment shop last year and the year before last. Lots more to clear out. This chicken wagon will work out great! Here us a pic after he removed the ramp and welded the bar.

When going to Enet fencing I looked at a lot of reviews and Solar fence chargers and came to the conclusion you get what you pay for. We bought one 4 years ago and another 2 years ago.
We selected Parmak Solar-Pak Electric Fencer 6 Volt DF-SP-LI.
They make a 12 volt model but you don't need it unless your charging over 25 miles of wire.
All of our chickens are kept in portable trailer coops so we can move them around.
I believe these are made in USA TX and can be sent for repair there.
Southern States carries this charger but it has the SS branding on it.
I have pictures of Bears 6 feet from our Efence so I know they work on Bears.
We have everything else but the Minks.
I have hade some strands of netting partially chewed but never a penetration .
Only two wild critter loses in 5 years and they were Hawks and its seasonal. My biggest loses
were my sons dog and he took 5 of our meat birds.
If you keep your positive strands of wire free from grounding vegetation and your charger properly grounded they work very well.
Good luck on your surgery and we hope you have a speedy recovery

ApiaryandAviary - I went through knee surgery last year. I was home in three days and back to work in seven. Off Crutches by the end of the second week and off the cane by the third. If you follow your physical therapist's instructions you'll be back on your feet and feel much better in no time. I haven't had my right knee done yet because the recovery time to get full mobility to be able to drive my truck to work is about 5 weeks and I can't afford to take that much time off just yet.

I was told that hip surgery is the easiest and the knee not so easy but I didn't find it to be at all difficult other than limited mobility. I do work out a bit and had pushed hard to build up the muscles in both legs before surgery so that may have aided in my quicker recovery. There were individuals who were in PT with me who had not fully recovered after five months while I was leaving the course at the end of five weeks.

Good luck and remember keep a positive attitude and know that the quality of life through two fully restored knees is so much more enjoyable you will be amazed at how much you've been suffering through and how great two good knees feel.

When going to Enet fencing I looked at a lot of reviews and Solar fence chargers and came to the conclusion you get what you pay for. We bought one 4 years ago and another 2 years ago.
We selected Parmak Solar-Pak Electric Fencer 6 Volt DF-SP-LI.
They make a 12 volt model but you don't need it unless your charging over 25 miles of wire.
All of our chickens are kept in portable trailer coops so we can move them around.
I believe these are made in USA TX and can be sent for repair there.
Southern States carries this charger but it has the SS branding  on it.
I have pictures of Bears 6 feet from our Efence so I know they work on Bears.
We have everything else but the Minks.
I have hade some strands of netting partially chewed but never a penetration .
Only two wild critter loses in 5 years and they were Hawks and its seasonal. My biggest loses
were my sons dog and he took 5 of our meat birds.
If you keep your positive strands of wire free from grounding vegetation and your charger properly grounded they work very well.
Good luck on your surgery and we hope you have a speedy recovery
Thank you for the good luck on surgery. Thank you your advice. Weed wack the vegetation on it. They ran the wire around the bottom, around the middle going up where the entrace was and around the top. I beleieve the vegetation shortened it out even though the wire was grounded to the fence. Sneaky vines. This time of the year with as much rain as we have had even my garden took off, little shop of horror.

umm i have family in virginia, richmond. i visited last week and i heard you can only have like 6 chickens total or 1 chicken per person?

Thank you for the good luck on surgery. Thank you your advice. Weed wack the vegetation on it. They ran the wire around the bottom, around the middle going up where the entrace was and around the top. I beleieve the vegetation shortened it out even though the wire was grounded to the fence. Sneaky vines. This time of the year with as much rain as we have had even my garden took off, little shop of horror.
Where the net goes we spray Generic roundup - no vegetation. Weed wackers can do major damage on Enets [ lawn mowers also ] Don't ask how I know .LOL

Where the net goes we spray Generic roundup - no vegetation. Weed wackers can do major damage on Enets [ lawn mowers also ] Don't ask how I know .LOL

I have noticed many cities...Told to me by retiring military and retiring civil service returning home from where they were from originally or blazing new trails, thinking they are preparing for the WSHF the Apocalypse. That WE know is coming... And the cities are passing ordinances that they have to have so much land and not more than one chick per person per household and no roos.

Listen i know for a fact I have lost more sleep to barking dogs than to a chicken singing the egg song! I have lost more kittens, squirrels and bunnies my kids fed and coaxed out of the woods to dogs running across their yard and into ours and attacking...Than a roo protecting his lady faire.

Guess the Prez whom said he wanted to put a chicken in every pot is not in the mind frame of this spend thrift LOL.
They have quietly written laws that they will invade and take from we preparers
Also they hoard food! That is correct. Our gov hoards food supplies.
Hey why do you think there was a big push to get people with cars w/o xomputers on board to trade them in for cars w/ computers on board? Giving $5,000 tax payers dollars to people with a $250. Car i trade. To turn them off on them when they feel they do not comply. Gov regulations next they will figure a way ro control how many eggs rhe chix is allowed to lay.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom