Virginia

Interesting,
You have a Master Plan?
I HAD one and I blew it!
I now have a new Master Plan.
I must stick to this one.
My hubby will be holding my feet to the fire.
It has more for chickens than I had originally planned.
Make sure you allow for the replanning.
It will happen.
Always allow for more chickens than you had already planned for.
Good luck and hope to see you at the TSC parkinglot Flock Swaps.

My master plan involves gettig my own property first lol so I'm sure it'll haw plenty of updates until then

And thank you vpatt

Tere shipping is actualy awesome! Compared to what I've been paying got 3 50 lb bags. One goat feed, one layer one whole peas!

Yes this is a recreated Delaware line using Heritage Barred plymouth Rock / New Hampshire just like the originals.
They were recreated by Kathy Bonham -in MO - BYC kathyinmo

There is a lady in "lower slower" Delaware that has this same Delaware line as me - think BYC handle is Delsdels
It seems that everyone around here has Delawares, Barred Rocks, and Rhode Island reds. Of course the usual Cornish and red stars are also what you see if someone happens to have a back yard flock. I like to look out and see gorgeous a mixed flock. I like different. I am certain that my avatar makes it evident. I am sure there are others out there, but I have yet to meet them.

It seems that everyone around here has Delawares, Barred Rocks, and Rhode Island reds. Of course the usual Cornish and red stars are also what you see if someone happens to have a back yard flock. I like to look out and see gorgeous a mixed flock. I like different. I am certain that my avatar makes it evident. I am sure there are others out there, but I have yet to meet them.

I have 5 Doms, 1 red star, 1 partridge rock, 1 black phoenix bantam, 2 Easter eggers and 3 black mixed 6 week old chicks. And 1 Dom is sitting on 4 mixed eggs. I was thinking more Easter eggers and some Swedish Flower hens....have you seen them, they are all different colors. And I would like another red star.....Sassy is a great layer. Lol....all that is in my sig.....sorry, I forgot about that.

My neighbors all have RSLs and/or RIRs. Maybe that's why they won't talk to us!

I suspect they took one took one look at our flock and rolled their eyes.

We no longer have the EEs, RIRs, Wyandottes, or Plymouth Rocks, but like to think they're still a motley crew of raptors!

Floyd County, VA. Anybody close?

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

There's several folks on here down your way!

I have 5 Doms, 1 red star, 1 partridge rock, 1 black phoenix bantam, 2 Easter eggers and 3 black mixed 6 week old chicks. And 1 Dom is sitting on 4 mixed eggs. I was thinking more Easter eggers and some Swedish Flower hens....have you seen them, they are all different colors. And I would like another red star.....Sassy is a great layer. Lol....all that is in my sig.....sorry, I forgot about that.
You are good. I love the Swedish Flower hens.I have only seen one on the Shore. It was a guy in Crisfield. He also had Marsh Daisies ( I think that is what he called them).

My neighbors all have RSLs and/or RIRs. Maybe that's why they won't talk to us! I suspect they took one took one look at our flock and rolled their eyes. We no longer have the EEs, RIRs, Wyandottes, or Plymouth Rocks, but like to think they're still a motley crew of raptors!
Your neighbors must be like mine. They secretly suck. Lol. You have a great mix. To each is it's own though. One of my neighbors has all white Cornish. The other has RIR and red stars. I love looking at my flock. In March I will have 20 breeds on my farm. Chick season is almost here! Nothing too fancy. Just nice birds.

Back
Top Bottom