Virginia

here's what I'd suggest regarding rabbits. pick a breed YOU like, get quality stock from a reliable breeder that shows, learn everything you can about the breed, and start breeding and showing. you'll probably make more money selling quality offspring at a show than you ever would just thru local swaps.

a coworker raises mini rex. he's only been showing a year but has done well with them, said he's already pre-sold about $750 that he'll be delivering at the next show.
Cool, 4h? I am only a kid... but anyways. I'll have to talk to my parents at shoes. I am getting 2 pedigreed females, one possibly pregnant from someone soon.

I know, I know- more advice than needed but here goes:) Even if you get very good quality rabbits to begin with remember that your husbandry (your care of the animals) will make or break you. I met someone a few years ago that claimed.her daughter sold show quality pedigreed rabbits of various breeds for x amount of dollars that I myself would NEVER have thought of paying for a rabbit. Alas, like chickens, some are gold and some are not;-) Upon visiting their "rabbit barn" my young at the time children quietly commented that no one should pay them to continue what they do because of the conditions. Turned out that most of their big sales were from online buyers, some that refused pick up after seeing how the rabbits were raised. Keep it clean, safe for people and animals and healthy. * I do not raise rabbits but have had them as pets in the past. Let one thing wait until another time and it will eventually be a huge problem.* I wish you good fortune and congratulate you on choosing a responsible path!

this site is for anyone/everyone. the rules pretty much allow anyone but kids should not share too much personal info online, just common sense for safety reasons.

didn't realize you were a young'un WinterChicks, but the rules of breeding quality rabbits still applies. LOL start with the best you can afford and work to improve what you have. showing is a good way to see how you're doing.

I know, I know- more advice than needed but here goes:) Even if you get very good quality rabbits to begin with remember that your husbandry (your care of the animals) will make or break you. I met someone a few years ago that claimed.her daughter sold show quality pedigreed rabbits of various breeds for x amount of dollars that I myself would NEVER have thought of paying for a rabbit. Alas, like chickens, some are gold and some are not;-) Upon visiting their "rabbit barn" my young at the time children quietly commented that no one should pay them to continue what they do because of the conditions. Turned out that most of their big sales were from online buyers, some that refused pick up after seeing how the rabbits were raised. Keep it clean, safe for people and animals and healthy. * I do not raise rabbits but have had them as pets in the past. Let one thing wait until another time and it will eventually be a huge problem.* I wish you good fortune and congratulate you on choosing a responsible path!
Thanks for the advice! I think my mom will be happy about the poop for the garden lol!

Back
Top Bottom