Virginia

I just moved to Carrollton, in Isle of Wight County. Will be building a new cooplet for my 2 silkie roos and 2 OEG hens.

I'm looking for a nearby feed store (or other source) to buy 2 new barred rock chicks this spring. Any ideas? I can't buy enough to make an order from McMurray. Unless someone wants to split an order, that is.
wink.png

I saw a sign for swap this weekend at tractor supply in Smithfield - they have chicks in spring I believe

28 Nov 2015. 4th Saturday of the month.
ROCKY MOUNT
TSC FLOCK SWAP
8am-?
THIS is the last swap of the month and
THIS is the last swap of the year for SOUTHWEST Virginia.
Some people are getting confused about IF, WHERE, and WHEN.

4th SATURDAY of the MONTH
28 Nov TSC parkinglot SWAP.
ROCKY MOUNT, Virginia

Last edited:
@DDominique
Howdy neighbor. The few places I know for sure where you can find poultry swaps is the Hometown Feed & Supply on Warrenton Road; TSC in Fredericksburg. We've bought all of our birds, geese, ducks and chickens from Dunreath Farms in Ashland. It's a bit of a drive, but they also sell GMO free Amish layer and grower feed extremely cheap. And on top of it all, the folks that own it are some of the friendliest people in the poultry business that I've done business with. We're wanting to expand our chicken flock as well but have decided that spring time will be the best bet for that. I'll keep you posted if I run across any deals on hens.

Troy & Tina

So surprised BUT it is true.
The TSC in Ridgeway/Martinsville IS holding a Parkinglot Animal/ Flock Swap
In December.
This coming Saturday, on 05 Dec15, at 8am-?
Hope everyone comes out even if it is just to visit. Every since Eden stopped holding theirs, this TSC in Ridgeway/Martinsville has been getting larger. Hope to see you there. I did not think I was going but now I have decided to sell the last of my English Orpington Lavender Splash Hens. So I am in for Saturday.

Hello from Madison, VA!
I have a well behaved Delaware rooster who hatched in April. He came from a farm in south central VA. I have two roosters and right now they get along great but I'm afraid I'm living on borrowed time. Everything I read says odds are one day there will be a melt down. I only have 8 hens too.
He tries to mate with the hens but they won't have anything to do with him, I think because he is not the top dog in the hen house maybe?
He keeps a respectable distance from humans, unless you have treats then he is all up in your business following you all over the yard.
Anyone interested in giving this good boy his own home with a few girls of his own?

Back
Top Bottom