Virginia

Hmmm... does that mean I can pay for them now and she'll hold them until................say.............. they are ready to start laying? It might take that long for me to get all the way up there from near the Carolina border nearly halfway the other side of the state.    :lau  

We are going to be waiting to get ours from her next hatch. We also live a lot farther south in VA and if your willing to wait that long we could combine our orders and you could just come pick up yours from us instead

I am down sizing my flocks of Lavender Isabel Cuckoos, Jubilees, Spangled, & Red & lemon Cuckoo English Orpingtons, Ancona ducks & ducklings, Lavender and Black Ameraucana even more than I have already. Also down sizing my internet usage. I appreciate those that got some of my adult chickens through the cold months and I thank TSC for letting me meet up with everyone in their parkinglots during the off season.

Not letting my girls keep their eggs yet. Too cold up here. Still downsizing and looking forward to seeing some of you around the Ridgeway. Roanoke and Rocky Mount areas at the TSCs in April. Not incubating any Chocolate & Calico Cochin Bantam eggs this year. What "they" hatch, "they" hatch and I do plan to give away at the TSCs flock swaps. I Have to carefully and fully write because the C S N's will go nuts if I sound like I am selling on their site. So I went to another site to post my sales during the cold months and I am done till the April TSC swap flocks. Hope to see everyone come April to TSCs in Ridgeway, Roanoke & Rocky Mount.

I am still working on the new and improved Master Plan from last year.
Do you have a Master Plan?
Have you improved on it?

Were you still planning on going to the Rocky Mount TSC next Saturday?
EDIT LOTS AND LOTS OF AMERAUCANA
27 Feb 2016. 8am.
TSC Rocky Mount, Virginia
Black Ameraucana Juveniles aged 2-4 months,

Ancona Ducks, Two mated pairs, aged 6 Months. $40. Per pair.

English Isabel Orpington pair 7 months $100.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm out here in Central Virginia (that's a BIG area), so in Louisa County (between Richmond and Charlottesville). I am looking for local poultry clubs. I am a member of VaPoultry Breeder's Assn, and it is statewide. I'm interested in places I can swap or "go see" chickens and waterfowl. Does anyone have a suggestion or two?

Thanks,

Hi, I'm out here in Central Virginia (that's a BIG area), so in Louisa County (between Richmond and Charlottesville).  I am looking for local poultry clubs.  I am a member of VaPoultry Breeder's Assn, and it is statewide.  I'm interested in places I can swap or "go see" chickens and waterfowl.  Does anyone have a suggestion or two?

Thanks,

I'm in Alblemarle County and I have been to a couple swaps advertised on CL. Generally they start up again in March and they alternate at different sites each week. I also believe there is a poultry auction in Greene County but I haven't been to it personally.

Craigslist. And I was wrong on the Greene county auction. It's actually in Culpepper (passed it today on my way to a beekeeping class). They are having a farm show coming up. Google Culpepper poultry auction and it should come up.
Seymore's auction. Next one is Saturday, March 5th in Culpepper. We'll probably go just to see what kind of animals are auctioned off.

Hello,
I'm new to byc. We live near Richmond. Was wondering if anyone has a spare Welsh harlequin drake (grown)? I don't mind driving a ways.

Thanks
Matty

Back
Top Bottom