Virginia

Hello VA world! I am in Isles of wight county (Zuni). I have been here for about 6 months. I have no chickens or other birds but I am hoping to change that in the very near future. :D i grew up with chickens off and on as a kid but know very little about then. I have just been doing a lot of reading. Thank you public library! My permaculture dreams have taken a hit recently as most of my funds are being redirected into the structural integrity of the house I bought. (Roof, Windows, and septic, lot of good those home inspections did me.) my husband just keeps telling me I will get everything I want just not all at once. And he is right. So with all that venting out of the way. Hi world, where are you guys getting your chicks from? I was going to go with mail order but the minimum order is just to big? Anybody local hatching eggs these days?

yellow legs 7/8 reynolds asil. i will name him chico

concentrating the saab indian blood. i name him champ

hanson reynoldsXbill ross california asil. i name him willie

these 2 cream legbar hens were given to me by cheapchicks.
after looking for an older rooster without much luck, i sold
them to a guy in orange county

this asil hen will be going to louisiana soon

this guy still for sale. will ship

I'm hatching chicks now! I've got Speckled Sussex, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Buff Orpington, Black Australorp, and will soon have Partridge Rocks!

Hey I'm in Hampton Roads, VA! Have 2 Easter Eggers, 1 Speckled Sussex, and 1 Blue Cochin all around laying age. Learning lots from BYC. Hoping to find somebody near me with meat chickens so I can stop buying chicken from the store.

Here's one of my girls (the one who consistently flies over her "free range" fence to come hang with me):

Back
Top Bottom