Virginia

A Regional Cream Legbar Club meet has been set for the November 18, 2017 at the Virginia Poultry Breeders Association Fall Show at the Caroline County Fairgrounds in Ruther Glen, VA.

Information on the show is at the link below.

If you plan to attend this show please let the Eastern Regional Director, Sarah Merranko know so we can get a count for club activities. She can be contacted at [email protected]
This is listed as a Regional Club show meaning that we plan to have a minimum of 6 exhibitors and will attempt to meet all the requirements for a pre-qualifying meet.

Thank you for your support!

Sarah Merranko
Eastern Regional Director

If you are interested in bringing something to the show, please fill out the spreadsheet in this link. That will help tremendously as we are planning. Thank you! https://docs.google.com/.../1-9F4CS1Kj5Vh7rd65R87.../edit...

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me with a situation...

We lost one of our favorite cochin bantam hens to a hawk last week and now her "husband" is having some trouble coming back from it. He seems so depressed! He has the rest of the flock with him still but she was his favorite. We have considered finding him a new one but don't know what that will be like considering the time of yr(might be too difficult to find just one, if any!)...or maybe finding baby chicks and letting him be their momma? Idk....has anyone else been in a similar situation? If so, what have you done to help?

Update on the Third Annual Cream Legbar Club Online, Virtual Show

So far, I have added 2 cream legbar cocks, 4 cream legbar hens, 7 cream legbar cockerels, and 10 cream legbar pullets to the show albums. I have also added 1 golden crele legbar cock, 2 golden crele legbar pullets, and 1 white legbar pullet to the show albums. Keep the entries coming!
1f642.png
:)

https://www.facebook.com/events/185199888706068/

We lost one of our favorite cochin bantam hens to a hawk last week and now her "husband" is having some trouble coming back from it. He seems so depressed! He has the rest of the flock with him still but she was his favorite. We have considered finding him a new one but don't know what that will be like considering the time of yr(might be too difficult to find just one, if any!)...or maybe finding baby chicks and letting him be their momma? Idk....has anyone else been in a similar situation? If so, what have you done to help?
I'm sorry for the loss of your hen.:hugs I haven't been in that situation but i know my roo has his favorite hen and would probably be distraught without her. I hope that he bounces back soon. :hugs

I showed my hubby pics of many coops and asked if I could have something like these? He said sure, why not?! Excited, I waited and waited for him to make a move to start working on them. A sign of some sort. He was not buying plans nor wood. I asked him how long till he will be able to work My chicken coops in to his list of things to do? He said I thought you were going to make them.

Most roosters are not comforted by the presence of chicks. He might enjoy more hens if you can find some. Be sure to quarantine. Sorry for your loss.

I showed my hubby pics of many coops and asked if I could have something like these? He said sure, why not?! Excited, I waited and waited for him to make a move to start working on them. A sign of some sort. He was not buying plans nor wood. I asked him how long till he will be able to work My chicken coops in to his list of things to do? He said I thought you were going to make them.
You can do it! Just finished my hoop coop!
20171111_141323.jpg

Inside
20171103_151435.jpg

Outside

Good Morning! I'm in the "Northern Everglades" region of Virginia aka Southeast/central. I'm about to begin the freezer stage of the last of my flock of Buff Orpington. I'll be using the winter to rehab my coop and run areas...and I want to set up a self sustaining operation for our family; which means adding a 3rd coop and a few kennels. I've been raising for about 5 years. I have always purchased chicks, but I think I'm ready to let my next group of ladies become Mommas. Any BO breeders?

:lau men.

Back
Top Bottom