Virginia

Pics
Quote:
I remember the little store out from the park (don't remember the name) but the guy who ran it had the handlebar mustache, everyone called him Catfish!
cool.png
We mostly went on the weekends and didn't have a whole lot to do after swimming and boating all day so we would go out to the store and play pool.
tongue.png
Also remember there was this little mall and I do mean little. Have no idea where it was or what it was called, but there was only like 4 stores in it and there was nothing that struck our interest.
big_smile.png
We would go all the way back out to Valley View just to have something else to do, especially if all the guys were going out on the boat to fish in the late evening hours.
wee.gif
Ahh, memories.
woot.gif
And now I am hatching chickens!!
lol.png

Hello from the Valley of Virginia...

I know there are many of yall stalking on this board....my question is would anyone be interested in an egg or chicken swap somewhere in our state? (Maybe this is already being done...if so, let me know)

My idea would be to have a getogether (ann egg train?) with everyone bringing stories, eggs, and maybe chicks to swap. I would like to raise a couple of other breeds, and hatching eggs from some local breeders would be a great way for me to expand the flock and try new breeds on a small scale. This kind of swap would be for BYCers and friends, not the public. We could post what is available ahead of time, so that people could make plans on which eggs to save ,etc. Local folks could teach each other about the breed they work with, and we may learn anew thing or two...

Any interest in this? Id be willing to work with another person or two to set something up... pass this around and PM or reply if you would like to do something like this...

I breed LF cochins and ameraucans.

Foster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog".Online

Folks, tomorrow is the final day to comment on the commonwealth's proposed changes in the rules concerning all livestock in Virginia. Here is a link to the regulations:

http://register.dls.virginia.gov/vol27/iss11/v27i11.htm#p2v5140

You have until tomorrow to respectfully petition the state vet to change the poultry importation rules of the state back into compliance with the rules of the majority of the other states. We are seeing more and more breeders and hatcheries putting notices on their websites stating they will NOT ship into Virginia. In addition, you may want to protest the rule change requiring the individual identification of every animal (livestock) in the commonwealth.

Please email or fax your comments by April 1, 2011 to:

Dr. Dan Kovich
Staff Veterinarian, Animal Care and Health Policy
Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
P.O. Box 1163
Richmond, VA 23218

Telephone: (804)786-2483
FAX: (804) 371-2380
TTY: (800) 828-1120
[email protected]

wow, yall are close ;-)
we are in Nelson County. we are new to chickens, but have dove completely in.

we have 5, 1 week tetras from TSC, said to be pullets

and 8.. a mixed bag 3-4 week olds of Rhode Island Reds Crossed with Barred Rock
and Red Sexlinks Crossed with Blue Laced Red Wyndatt (as per the poultry fair breeders)
in the box it looks like..
2 light red
1 light red with dark wings(smaller)
4 yellows(1 smaller and 1 smaller with fleck on 1 wing)
1 yellow with dark wings and feathered feet/legs

who knows, but they gotta get out of the dining room
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom