Virginia

Is there going to be one and where? I saw that the RIR said that they would hold it again and I really hope it is there because I really don't like that new place. And I want to see all the chickens and everything else that has feathers lol

ok i'm lost one what where? who what how?

I'm a bit west of you, in Warren county, Front Royal!
clap.gif

Isn't anyone else on this list near Culpeper, Warrenton, or the north side of Fred'burg? I'm actually in Goldvein, along 17, right at the southern tip of Fauquier County. I am converting my laying flock into barred rocks this year (after a few years of experimentation with mixing chicken breeds!). I am also raising Salmon Favarolles. This year 3 of the 5 ladies are setting (after I hatched some eggs in the incubator). I also am trying to establish a flock of blue egger Americanas.
I usually get about a hundred chicks each spring to sell, and this year I got barred rocks, New Hampshire Reds (I've had RI Reds, but not NH, before) and silver penciled Wyandottes. Those are also totally new to me. By late summer I will have sold off the extras and the rest will be the laying flock.
I hope to make at least one chicken sale this spring!

The state fair, possibly back at Richmond International Raceway

I hope it is there and someone said that they have no money to do it ummmmmm don't they get money from everyone that walks in the gate? And the people that do the rides don't get paid by the state fair they just get the money from the ticket sale from the rides.

I hope it is there and someone said that they have no money to do it ummmmmm don't they get money from everyone that walks in the gate? And the people that do the rides don't get paid by the state fair they just get the money from the ticket sale from the rides.

Yes. But the paid employees that sit in the office all year round organizing that event are gone. There is no one to budget, payroll, hire,
or oversee anything. An event that large CAN NOT be done wit volunteers alone.

I hope they can do somthing with the state fair. I dont see it getting fixed but we can hope.

So on a lighter note here at our local feed store me and my wife stoped by to see what they have. They had a bunch of chicks so we got 6 more and may be placing a order for 6 more on monday. They are getting in some Silkies, Polish and a few others on the 19th of Arpril. If any of yall are looking for them they need to know soon so they know they have them.

My coop is ready
wee.gif
and I would like to buy 3 pullets of 2 to 3 months old. I would love to have 2 RIR and 1 Barred Rock or 1 Buff Orpington. If anyone has any, please let me know. I am in stafford and am willing to travel within a 50 mile radius. Thank you.

My coop is ready
wee.gif
and I would like to buy 3 pullets of 2 to 3 months old. I would love to have 2 RIR and 1 Barred Rock or 1 Buff Orpington. If anyone has any, please let me know. I am in stafford and am willing to travel within a 50 mile radius. Thank you.
where are you located? that might help someone determine if they can help...

Back
Top Bottom