Virginia

I am traveling from VA Beach to Blacksburg, VA tomorrow...Sunday...via I-64 and the I-81. I have managed to aquire 3 Silkies and would like to have a few more. Mine are about 2 months old and would prefer my additions to be about the same age or a bit older. If anyone has any for sale along that route, please email. I would like to see and buy.

I also have for sale... (I have planned to take them to a swap here at the end of the month):

1 Bantam Cochin NOT SQ. not a standard color but red and black. About 3-4 months old. $5.00
A pair of OEGB...the roo is a crele and the pullet is a silver duckwing. They are 3 months old. 10.00 for the pair
Possibly a pair or trio of Dark Cornish LF 3 months old and 2 month old Salmon Faverolles pullets.
If anyone is interested in them I can meet you along my route.

I really, really, really hope that someone is taking pictures at Gilmanor today....
Wish I could've gone. Had been looking forward to it for months - but, had to work this AM.
Can't wait to hear about all the 'action'.

Wow, sold everything I took to Gilmanor today all by 10am. Took a New Hampshire trio, RIR trio, 4 delaware hens and 2 roos, 2 barred rock pullets and 2 roos, 7 RIR chicks and 4 mutt bantams. The only one that didn't sell was the mutt bantam rooster. Also sold 3 of my cages that actually weren't even for sale. I came away with a bantam buff brahma roo and pullet. Really really good day!

Wow! What a great first time for me at Gilmanor! Sold 46 birds - Black Australorps, Basque Hens and barnyard mutts.

Brought back 20 cockerels but that's ok. I'll figure out something to do with them!
wink.png

Loads of people wanting pullets and laying hens...

Hat's off to Joel Gilman for hosting a great event! Felt Like I was at the State Fair!

Last edited:
Thanks Maggiesdad for my blrw girl... she's settling in nicely with her new roo.

met a bunch of nice people at Gilmanor, sold off all my chicks quail and other assorted pullets, but the cockerels weren't so easy. no biggie i'm willing to let them grow out a bit more (cochins).

also picked up 2 *very nice* red dorking cockerels to add to my program.

sorry i didn't get any pics... i left several important things at home this morning when i left (at 3am)... my camera, the hatching eggs i was going to sell and a couple other little things.

Thank you! I tried to leave feedback for you, but the feedback editor wouldn't accept anything without a BYC Classified link ...

So - ki4got was right on time as promised - great person to deal with, looking forward to doing business with her again. (ie: DORKINGS!) Thanks again, Karen!

Glen - aka Maggiesdad

Anyone in Pittsylvania Co. in need of a roo? I have too many roos and need to rehome a few. I have a white cockerel that hatched on May 4th out of Mary Robbin's eggs. I will sell him for $15. I have a splash roo that hatched with a straight comb. He came from a different breeder. Splash is free to good home. Pick up only.

Anyone in Pittsylvania Co. in need of a roo? I have too many roos and need to rehome a few. I have a white cockerel that hatched on May 4th out of Mary Robbin's eggs. I will sell him for $15. I have a splash roo that hatched with a straight comb. He came from a different breeder. Splash is free to good home. Pick up only.

I seen your ad on craigslist, beautiful whites. if I dealt with whites I'd be all over your boy, he's gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom