Virtual Other Fowl Calendar Contest - Landscape Format - Ends 12/31/2023 at 11:59 pm

Pics
I have no "other" fowl besides silkies except for my neighbor farmer's turkey. I took this photo a couple of weeks ago, right before she saw me in the kitchen and flew into the window. She didn't break it. 🤦‍♀️ I've learned to chase her home with the water hose.

She comes here often, even though she has a tom. I guess she doesn't like him as much as me. Our neighbor farmers are such that they don't complain when our cats, dogs, or silkies wander across the road to their place, and we don't complain when their turkeys, peacocks, and donkeys -- oh wait, we did complain about the donkey! ☺️
sues turkey.jpg

Beautiful birds @Chive!! :love I'm not too familiar with quails; what breed are they?
Thank you! I’m not actually really sure :D . I got them from a friend who originally bought different colors of Coturnix and then mixed them all up. So they all are different color mixes, but I can tell you what colors they look like!
The first entry (the one with the chick) looks very similar to a White Coturnix (it became more obvious when it grew all its feathers).
The second entry is most like a Rosetta (aka Range).
The third entry looks similar to a Calico.
And the fourth looks most like a Buff (aka Gold or Autumn).

Last edited:
Thank you! I’m not actually really sure :D . I got them from a friend who originally bought different breeds of Coturnix and then mixed them all up. So they all are most likely mixes, but I can tell you what breeds they look like!
The first entry (the one with the chick) looks very similar to a White Coturnix (it became more obvious when it grew all its feathers).
The second entry is most like a Rosetta (aka Range).
The third entry looks similar to a Calico.
And the fourth looks most like a Buff (aka Gold or Autumn).
That’s exactly what I do just mix all my colors together and breed them from there and get some pretty cool colors. As you will see in my earlier posts

That’s exactly what I do just mix all my colors together and breed them from there and get some pretty cool colors. As you will see in my earlier posts
Yeah, I wound up mixing them together too. You do get a lot of beautiful colors from mixing them! I am always excited to see what new colors the next batch of chicks was going to have!

Back
Top Bottom