Visiting Workman With Dogs

Quote:
must be a german shepard thing, ours did the same thing, but brought other dog too, so we had 2 dogs looking for us in Home Depot type store, but ours found us. Just came up and sat down like they were spose to be there.

Had a guy do plaster for us that asked if he could bring dog. The dog stayed outside in truck, and never growled or barked even when mine went over to see him, just sat there.

When I work locally I will not take my dog with me, unless I know the person I am working for is O K with her being there. I know she won't bother the animals, but they don't. Those they do know her her will ask me to bring her. If I have to work in San Francisco or Sacramento, she is in my truck (her truck). When she is in the truck I don't lose any equipment or tools. The only times she leaves the truck is when she has a potty break, I am right there with her.

It is common in BC and Alberta for tradesmen to have a companion dog. Theft of tools and supplies is so common that the only solution is a dog in the truck or tethered by the truck.

When DH's male Blue Heeler was still alive, he took him with him everywhere he went. And I mean everywhere!! That dog was with him 24/7. If he was on a job, Joe either stayed right with him, or stayed under the truck.

Now, I understand getting upset about a dog that doesn't mind and chases livestock when it is with it's owner while working. DH would not have put up with that at all from Joe.
Joe was well-mannered, unless someone acted like they were going to threaten DH. Then it was another story!! DH worked at a lot of places that had livestock & he never once chased anything unless he was told to. Some of DH's jobs were rounding up cattle and other livestock, so Joe was a valuable asset at those times. Joe went to church, the grocery store, everywhere.

I believe if a worker takes his dog with him, he needs to be responsible for his dogs actions. And if his dog harms anything, the owner should have to pay for it.

Jean

Don't blame any one who keeps a dog on their truck. With the Meth heads and Illegals stealing anything not tied down how can you blame them for wanting to protect their tools. AND trucks.
They do have to control their animals though.

Back
Top Bottom