Visitor Last Night

ColoradoPip

Songster
5 Years
May 3, 2015
Denver, CO
Did not go near my coop or uncovered run. Was on the rabbit trails. Not a print near the coop. No nails visible in any print.

d724AB3.jpg

N6YyEyy.jpg

eB29r3M.jpg

RHbLfoE.jpg

I am betting it's this guy, or girl...
3lI0u95.jpg

It's not interested in chickens yet, had my girls outside of protection last time I saw it and it went right on by them.

The tracks were laid between bedtime and morning.

Good timing for this to arrive
ixiB9gm.jpg

Foxes are crazy! We had one around for years,walk through the yard with chickens all around,never took one. He got hit by a car and now we have a major pain of a fox! Will try to get one with 3 dogs in the yard and me standing just feet from the chicken! Bold as brass! I swear he knows when I don't have the gun.:rant

Foxes are crazy! We had one around for years,walk through the yard with chickens all around,never took one. He got hit by a car and now we have a major pain of a fox! Will try to get one with 3 dogs in the yard and me standing just feet from the chicken! Bold as brass! I swear he knows when I don't have the gun.:rant

That's no fox ! Bobcat tracks usually have no claw, or nail marks in track.

From the size of the prints, that's a pretty big kitty ! Good luck in keeping it away from the flock.

Tracks looked just like what my barn cats leave behind in the snow.......but when you add the tape for scale, that's a bit bigger than any barn cat!

What is the plan for setting up the E-fence and fencer?

Tracks looked just like what my barn cats leave behind in the snow.......but when you add the tape for scale, that's a bit bigger than any barn cat!

What is the plan for setting up the E-fence and fencer?

Haha I know! Almost 3.5"!!

As of today the plan is 4 wires running the perimeter. 6", 10", and 2 wires offset at the top one of which is grounded.

The netting is for managing the chickens inside the perimeter. It's also a 2nd electrified ground predator barrier should they breach the perimeter.

Additional note: the vinyl 3 rail fence in the pictures is not mine. I followed the cat to the neighbor's place to get pics and videos.

Last edited:
I'm following with interest. I have not started my fence yet.
My first thought was cat print and then realized it was not your typical cat. :eek:
I'm so glad I don't have to deal with bobcats. I am not near any woods for the first time but they say we have coyotes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom