Vitamin deficiency

I have not been able to find the durvet vit b complex locally. I got the liquid b 12 from tsc and am giving them about 1/2 tsp for couple of days orally. I don’t like putting anything in their water for the reason you said. I’m am still trying to get the vit b complex anyway to have on hand. Tsc did have the durvet vit and electrolyte powder but you put it in their water. I sprinkle nutritional yeast over their food every time they need feed.
You maybe able to order it off Amazon if you can’t find it local

I don’t raise them myself but a friend does
She told me once her goslings need more niacin then the ducks do
I add 1 tbs nutritional yeast to 1 cup feed till 12 weeks with my ducklings
Every time
If this is a niacin issue it’s recommended with ducklings to give 1 ml durvet vitamin B compex over a small treat or by syringe
Once a day for a few weeks along with nutritional yeast
Never add it to the water as there is no way to know if that baby is getting the correct dose
I keep seeing people suggest the Durvet B complex…but all I can find is one that says “injectable” and for big livestock…where can I get the ones everyone here is talking about?

I keep seeing people suggest the Durvet B complex…but all I can find is one that says “injectable” and for big livestock…where can I get the ones everyone here is talking about?
That’s the correct one
With birds we give it oral

Attachments

• 27CFB5F6-F2F8-4691-99FD-B9807491A505.png
    27CFB5F6-F2F8-4691-99FD-B9807491A505.png
    578.4 KB · Views: 2
Visually they don’t look like they are unhealthy to me… I’ve seen ducks with niacin deficiency and they have an obvious “stance”. Legs will bow out kind of. If your giving flock raiser and nutritional/brewers yeast on top of that I’d say that’s good. Be sure on warm days to let them get out in the sun and on the pasture like JRies said. That’s what they’re made for. They need to be walking and looking for weeds to eat.

Back
Top Bottom