Vitamin E and Selenium doses

ReneeLenzi

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2020
What products do people prefer to use when adding Vitamin E and Selenium supplement? What would the proper dosage be for a bantam under 2lbs?

What products do people prefer to use when adding Vitamin E and Selenium supplement? What would the proper dosage be for a bantam under 2lbs?
What are you trying to treat?

If something like symptoms of Wry Neck give the bird 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex. A bit of scrambled egg, tuna or sunflower seeds have sufficient Selenium for the uptake of extra E.

What are you trying to treat?

If something like symptoms of Wry Neck give the bird 400IU Vitamin E and 1/4 tablet B-Complex. A bit of scrambled egg, tuna or sunflower seeds have sufficient Selenium for the uptake of extra E.
Waiting for results from a necropsy for possible Mareks, with a girl I put down a week ago. I have one other girl in quarantine, her issues are partial paralysis with one leg. I just want to give her the best, and hopefully slow down and possible secondary issues.

Waiting for results from a necropsy for possible Mareks, with a girl I put down a week ago. I have one other girl in quarantine, her issues are partial paralysis with one leg. I just want to give her the best, and hopefully slow down and possible secondary issues.
I'm sorry that you may be dealing with Marek's.
You can try vitamin therapy to see if that helps with the leg issues. B2 (Riboflavin) is good for that, so 1/4 tablet B-Complex may give supportive care.
Vitamin E is sometimes helpful for neurological issues, but is should not be given long term since it's not water soluble and excess excreted in the urine like B-Vitamins.

Hopefully you will get results back soon. Sometimes culling birds that are symptomatic may be the best option- a lot depends on how you feel about that, but some feel that it seems to help control the spread of disease by only keeping birds that are still active and don't need specialized care.

Back
Top Bottom