Vitamins for head injured chicken?

Goose_the_cat

❤️Cats❤️Rats❤️
Aug 16, 2022
Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
One of my chickens (Polly) a 9 month old white silkie has had (what we think is) a brain or head injury. She has had it for a while now but I didn’t think it was a big deal since she could still eat and drink (it just took her a little bit longer) but I was wondering since we used some vitamins of some of her (non related) sisters to help with their wry neck if we could possibly use it to help her. The first type of vitamins we use was POLY-VI-SOL and we used that on one of her (Polly’s) coop mates but she sadly passed (due to wry neck) but her (Polly) other “sister“ who had it survived but was on another medication and was quite a bit one when she got it (she was on a vitamin E pill) so yeah I was just wondering if I could use one of those vitamins for her and wether it would help or not and if I could put it in all of there waters or is it best to separate her from her friends

1st bottle of vitamins (POLY-VI-SOL)
image.jpg

2nd bottle of vitamin pills (vitamin E)
image.jpg

400IU Vitamin E and 1/4tablet B-Complex daily along with a little egg is what I would give.
See that she's eating her normal feed and drinking well.
Is the 400IU Vitamin E is that the same thing that is in the picture or is it different also what is B-Complex?

Is the 400IU Vitamin E is that the same thing that is in the picture or is it different also what is B-Complex?
On the back of your bottle, it should say how many IU is in each softgel, but in the case of 180mg Vitamin E, that would be correct (400IU).

B-Complex can be found in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. It's a combination of B vitamins that can be helpful for neurological and balance issues and is often given along with Vitamin E.

On the back of your bottle, it should say how many IU is in each softgel, but in the case of 180mg Vitamin E, that would be correct (400IU).

B-Complex can be found in the vitamin aisle of stores like Walmart, CVS, etc. It's a combination of B vitamins that can be helpful for neurological and balance issues and is often given along with Vitamin E.
Thank you so much I will try both of these and tell you what happens

Also how should I feed them to her should I put them in her water or (for the pill especially) should I feed it to her directly in her beak or mix it with egg or yogurt

Back
Top Bottom