Voice sexing help

ShyanneW

Songster
Mar 26, 2020
Maine
Hi all!

My ducklings are ~5 and a half weeks old, and their voices are starting to change (which is super funny to listen to.. šŸ˜‚). Just wondering if anyone has a clear video to listen to of a femaleā€™s quack Vs. drake noises? Iā€™ve scoured YouTube but havenā€™t found any that are super clear/donā€™t have other ducks making a ton of noise in the background.

We tried to vent sex when they were younger and it looked like we had three females (šŸ¤žšŸ»), but want to confirm with their voices as they change.

You shouldn't need a video, females that age will go peep, peep, QUACK and the males that age will make peeps and whistle until they are a few weeks older then they will start to sound like a bad smoker.

You shouldn't need a video, females that age will go peep, peep, QUACK and the males that age will make peeps and whistle until they are a few weeks older then they will start to sound like a bad smoker.
Maybe thatā€™s why Iā€™m having an issue, they go ā€œpeep peepā€ and them make some odd noise that is super loud, but definitely not a quack or a whistle. Did I get defective ducklings? šŸ˜‚

Back again, is it normal for them to sound like geese when their voices are changing?šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve tried countless times to catch their ā€œpeep peep, HONK/SQUEAKā€ on video but, of course, they stop when I start recording. They are for sure ducklings, but their voices seem to be having some trouble with that šŸ˜‚

Theyā€™re super healthy, eating/drinking/swimming, so Iā€™m not worried about a respiratory problem causing weird noises, but just curious if this is normal!

Back again, is it normal for them to sound like geese when their voices are changing?šŸ˜‚

Iā€™ve tried countless times to catch their ā€œpeep peep, HONK/SQUEAKā€ on video but, of course, they stop when I start recording. They are for sure ducklings, but their voices seem to be having some trouble with that šŸ˜‚

Theyā€™re super healthy, eating/drinking/swimming, so Iā€™m not worried about a respiratory problem causing weird noises, but just curious if this is normal!

Yes, when very young the females will almost go peep, peep, onkk, and after a few weeks that develops into a quack.

The potential Goslings in question for your viewing pleasure šŸ˜‚šŸ„°

Attachments

• BB36AC2B-BAE5-4AA5-8CF3-74B3E17D8467.png
    BB36AC2B-BAE5-4AA5-8CF3-74B3E17D8467.png
    2 MB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom