Waddles since birth

Is she having any other issues? If it is a pelvic deformity as mentioned above, she might have laying issues or she might not ever lay an egg. If she's not in pain and doesn't have any deteriorating issues, I'd let her be to enjoy life as is.
She is getting worse 🙁 she is not picking up weight nicely - probably because she spends most of her time sitting down in the shade kind of pecking the ground around her like she prefers to forage while sitting. She has also started holding her foot in like a fist when she walks. I’m really worried that she’s in pain. I’ll add some photos later today.

Sorry to hear that. It could be she was born with deformities and there's not much you can do. But, if in pain, you might want to consider euthanizing. :hugs

She is getting worse 🙁 she is not picking up weight nicely - probably because she spends most of her time sitting down in the shade kind of pecking the ground around her like she prefers to forage while sitting. She has also started holding her foot in like a fist when she walks. I’m really worried that she’s in pain. I’ll add some photos later today.
Can you take her to the vet? This way they can give you some proper diagnosis on the leg or they may suggest euthanasia. It’s worth considering, they may even give her a shot to relax the pain.

Not the clearest pictures, but how does it look to you? I’ll consider taking her to the vet. But so far I’ve spent a fortune on vets for my chickens and they’ve not been the most helpful...

Attachments

• 600901B6-ABDB-4FFA-ADD3-434E8E10FF5B.jpeg
    600901B6-ABDB-4FFA-ADD3-434E8E10FF5B.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 2
  • A74D3443-4040-4F95-A852-5AB7BACBD950.jpeg
    A74D3443-4040-4F95-A852-5AB7BACBD950.jpeg
    418.5 KB · Views: 2
Not the clearest pictures, but how does it look to you? I’ll consider taking her to the vet. But so far I’ve spent a fortune on vets for my chickens and they’ve not been the most helpful...
So her legs and feet actually look normal. And both her legs are the same length. She walks on curled toes now as you can see in the picture. Please tell me if you think she’s in pain. She’s definitely not depressed though. And when I throw down treats she runs to me like the others do. But I know that chickens try to hide their pain. She also seems to prefer sleeping in the nesting box instead of on the roost with the others.

Hide their pain, but usually its noticeable as in fluffed up feathers and not joining in with the flock. If she's acting normal, then I wouldn't worry too much. She probably can't roost with the deformity.

Back
Top Bottom