wafer thermostat vs reptile thermostat for incubator

Settin'_Pretty :

I didn't see any rating on how many watts the Repti-Temp 500R Remote Sensor Thermostat will handle
That's a critical piece of information.

this kina depends on what your heat source is and what the voltage of the heat source is

my hatch going on right now is silkies out of 12 eggs 8 were fertile. out of those 8 , 5 have hatched so far this is a really staggered hatch starting under a broody hen I expect the other 3 to hatch in the next day or so all in a hovabator the last coupla of days my R.H is running 65-68%​

Last edited:
Ranco ETC-111000-000 Digital Thermostat, Is what I have. Its $60 and You have to wire it to your need. I found a great site that showed how to wire it for incubators.

for anyone who has a thermostat that wont handle the wattage they want there is a easy solution. wire the thermostat to control the coil on a relay and use the relay to switch the heating device
wink.png
that way you can use almost any thermostat to switch as much power as you desire, just make sure that the coil voltage on the relay matches the output from the thermostat

Back
Top Bottom