Wagon Coop

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tourn, Jul 24, 2011.

1. tourn

tourn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Northern NJ
    FInd an old wagon frame and build on it. It can be moved anywhere you want and it needs no permit since it has wheels and not a foundation. Stick it in the front yard if you want!!
    [​IMG]

2. tourn

tourn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 10, 2011
    Northern NJ
    Let me add one thing. Slope the roof away from the access doors! The snow is a pain in the winter when it slides off onto your head.[​IMG]

3. Team Fluffy Puffy

Team Fluffy Puffy Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2011
    Hale Center
    Awesome Idea![​IMG]

4. Carols Clucks

Carols Clucks Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    [like]

5. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    Very awesome idea! Just an idea, maybe have the ramp that drops down to the ground, have it drop down twards the rear...just incase it falls down when your moving or you forget, that could catch the ground and dig in causing possible damage. Just my 2cents.

6. ernndbrtt

ernndbrtt Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Cool idea!

Do you have a portable run in the works as well or will they free range? I can't get away without an enclosed run, the stray cats, neighbors dogs that run free, racoons, and hawks would devastate any flock left to free range here. A neighbor lost 8 hens last summer to hawks because he didn't have the top of his run covered, he has since covered it. We had raccons destroy our corn and bean crop this summer:( The garden will be fenced next summer!

7. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    I like it (especially after paying $400 for a permit to build our chicken coop!) It's like a mobile home or Chick-a-Bego for poultry!!!!

[​IMG]

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Cool idea! And the roo in that photo is gorgeous [​IMG]

9. HenCrazyMom

HenCrazyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    Merrifield, MN
    I love the look of this wagon. Awesome![​IMG]

10. Hegatha

Hegatha Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Washington
    Wow really neat now I know what I could use my old wagon for! Been in my family for over 100 years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by