WAHOOO!!!! Piggy piggy here I come!!!

booker81

Redneck Tech Girl
9 Years
Apr 18, 2010
Mid-MI
I've been hinting around to DH that I want to get a pig, or maybe two, but not really heavily, because the poor dude is born city, turned country. The chickens were a surprise on him, but he's adapted well, and actually does about half the care for them now, willingly.

About a month ago, I got the Storey's Guide to Raising Pigs. I left it out in different areas (after reading the whole thing).

He sees me looking at pigs on Craigslist to see what prices they are going for.

He says nothing.

Until today, he told me a family friend is going to probably get a calf to raise. Told me he told the friend that we'll have to work out a trade, since "Jen is get a pig or two in the spring."

I HAVE PERMISSION! YAY!!!! At least that's how I take it
big_smile.png
Right!?

BACON!
smile.png

WOOOOO!!!

The trick! Give the dude time to make it his idea
smile.png
It's taken a few weeks, gotta put that seed in his head, and let him thing and mull over it. At least that's what works for my man - make a obvious request (Hey sweetie! I think I want some pigs this spring!) and when the deer in the headlights look comes out, shut your mouth!

At least that's how I work it
smile.png
I don't drop hints, I make a big billboard, and then leave it at that
smile.png

(And if he was totally against it, he'd tell me, and I'd drop it. But he's a good dude, and I plan on treating him right and keeping him around!)

Back
Top Bottom