Waiting for eggs to hatch is nerve wracking!!!

Quote:
OMG this is me!! I put my eggs in lockdown yesterday. I am using another incubator for my hatcher so I felt like I had to get up 20 times in the night to make sure temps and humidity were perfect. I have 3 thermometers in there! I stare at the eggs and imagine that I see them moving. This is my first time and I feel like I am going to simple explode with anticipation! I can't wait to see a pip. I will probably throw a party when a chick actually hatches! Today is day 19 for us.
barnie.gif
I can barely stand the anticipation.

Quote:
Haha! My DH thinks I'm the only one who does this! I am feeling a little mother henish about these eggs. My DS made a comment about "scrambled eggs" and I nearly jumped down his troat about it. The intensity reminds me of all the infertility emotions we went through many years ago. I guess birthing is birthing to a woman. Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Last edited:
Quote:
OMG this is me!! I put my eggs in lockdown yesterday. I am using another incubator for my hatcher so I felt like I had to get up 20 times in the night to make sure temps and humidity were perfect. I have 3 thermometers in there! I stare at the eggs and imagine that I see them moving. This is my first time and I feel like I am going to simple explode with anticipation! I can't wait to see a pip. I will probably throw a party when a chick actually hatches! Today is day 19 for us.
barnie.gif
I can barely stand the anticipation.

Yes - me too. This is our 1st hatch and I know what you mean about the waiting - it's soooo hard! Day 21 and the kids are expecting to see their chicks.

I have been looking in the bator every hour. I have 3 pip so far. I would like to help them get out of the shells. That is so hard not to do that, I have to sit on my hands,and say to myself No No No Do Not Touch the bator!!!!!!!!!!!

I try to keep busy doing something but am always going to check the progress. I'm a hatch-a-holic. I have some hatching right now so I'm on the computer...

Last edited:
I have a pip!! So excited. Tomorrow is 21 days. I was just so gloomy and thought it would never happen (even tho it was not yet even hatch day). I came home to one little pip, peeping and wiggling egg! Now I am watching the incubator like it is a suspense movie! lol!

wee.gif
I have 3 babies that hatch after midnight. 2 BO x with a splash Amerucana or BBSx with a Slpash Amerucana and 1 BO. 4 more so far piping. This was from my homemade cooler bator.
Hope everybody has good luck.

Back
Top Bottom