Waiting for the suprelorin implant to work

Fibo80

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2021
Thank you for accepting me on your page. It has already been a life saver for my girls. I have 4 hybrid girls and 3 ex battery hens. I never had any idea of the problems they go through. It’s been a real eye opener. I got my first ex battery hen an implant a few months ago as she kept getting egg bound, and I had read about the implant on your page. She had problems laying till it kicked in after 6 days. Now she is doing great. My second ex battery had the implant 10 days ago. She was never egg bound but laying huge eggs. I wanted to get her the implant as soon as possible. She laid an egg on day 3 a lot smaller but with difficulty. She then laid nothing until yesturday when there was egg yolk in the egg box. I immediately started her on antibiotics and today there was soft egg shell in her box and an intact egg white and yolk. She has been eating and drinking and pooing. Has anyone else every experienced any problems post implant. I’m scared she has a build up of something inside her. I have a vets appointment tomorrow. It’s difficult to find a vet who is experienced in chickens. I have a kind vet who is keen to help but not an avian expert. I am in the U.K
Thanks a lot for your help and amazingly informative threads.

:welcome:woot:woot:celebrate:yesss:Hello and welcome to BYC, You found an Awesome poultry Forum to be a part of with many great knowledgeable members who are more then willing to jump in and help you with any questions you may have. :)

We are happy that you joined!
Im afraid that I know nothing about the implant. I so know that in humans it takes a few weeks for any hormone medication to be fully consistent.
I hope that one of the moderators will be along shortly, and move your thread to the emergency section where you will find someone more knowledgeable.
♥️I wish to say that you are so good to rescue those girls and love them. ♥️

You may want to ask your vet about antibiotics if she had an egg break inside. But if she laid a shell-less egg and it broke in the nest, she wouldn’t need them. Hopefully the hormones will stop her laying. Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom