Waiting on a crow!

lablover

Songster
7 Years
Apr 7, 2012
I have some assumed EE roosters that are 8 weeks old, and I keep waiting to hear a crow!! From what I've read on here, 8 weeks is when most people here their cockerels crow.

I'm getting nervous as I think our one and only EE (5 weeks) is a roo and I'm really bummed about it. We can't have roosters in the city and s/he is such a sweetie! I swore I heard the begins of crowing the other day. Up until then, I thought s/he was for sure a she, then I started noticing other things about her. Ugh!

Mine are sexlinks so I'm pretty sure they are all females. I still constantly look at their combs since hey are getting older and turning redder and waiting for a crow. Had a shock the other day when one looked at me and I heard a pooock instead of a peep. Guess they can't stay chicks forever.

Mine are sexlinks so I'm pretty sure they are all females. I still constantly look at their combs since hey are getting older and turning redder and waiting for a crow. Had a shock the other day when one looked at me and I heard a pooock instead of a peep. Guess they can't stay chicks forever.
How old are yours? Some of mine look very much like hens but their combs are starting to get fleshy/pink. Not sure if that is a breed thing, or just that they are going to be roos.

I didnt hear my first crow until 11 weeks old. I just heard my 2nd chick crow this morning and they are all 12 weeks old now. So far only 2 are crowing out of about 10 - 14 boys.

Mine are12 weeks old. Their combs have gotten redder the last week or so. One's comb/face was red earlier than the rest but all are starting to turn red now. None have an unusually large comb or waddles although they are starting to develop.

Back
Top Bottom