Waiting on Chicks!

ChickaMama49

Songster
May 14, 2018
Central Florida
Hello! I’m not new to owning chickens but it’s been awhile since I had my 4 hens. We are now waiting on mail order chicks and this time we are much better prepared for this! We are expecting: Easter Egger, Gold and Silver Laced Wyandottes, Black Australorp, Barred Rock, and Barnevelder chicks! I like the variety from mail order but not the shipping price and process. It’s worth it when having only a small flock though. We plan on brooding in the house. What age does everyone put them outside? I’ve seen most people say at 6 weeks and that’s what I did before. I’m in the south so it’s hot but rainy here. Mostly just excited and waiting to order ! What hatcheries does the best small order with this variety and least cost on shipping? Any input is always appreciated!!

Welcome to BYC!
:yesss: We are glad you joined our flock!
Jump right in and make yourself at home.
If you have a secure coop why not brood them in it?
Chickens are "born" outside in the wild.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome Glad you joined the flock! BYC is a very informative and fun site for people who love chickens, ducks, turkey, quail, etc.. Update us when your chicks arrive! I put mine outside at about 8 weeks due to predators where we live.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!:welcome Glad you joined the flock! BYC is a very informative and fun site for people who love chickens, ducks, turkey, quail, etc.. Update us when your chicks arrive! I put mine outside at about 8 weeks due to predators where we live.
Did you have a large indoor brooder ? What did you use? I have a glass aquarium for starters and a very large Rubbermaid container for when they get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom