Waiting on chicks!!!!

Tilly

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
(just realized I posted this in the wrong section before)
This is the girl all my questions have been about lol

This is my frizzle hen. We bred her a few years ago.
Her name is "Pig" yes seriously lol

She is currently sitting on 11 eggs (I think 8 are fertile) and due in the next few days (it wasnt planned oops)

Her partner in crime (and the daddy) is my one of my roosters "Emu"
smile.png
a black straightfeather bantam

Im going crazy waiting for the chicks so thought id post her mug on here she wasnt very impressed id taken her pic.

The countdown is on

IMG_1479-1.jpg

i love that pic that should be a pic of the week. I love the look on her face. Like she is saying see mommey I am doing it do I get a treat.

Thanks guys it wasnt planned but its crazy how excited I am now lol
Pretty cool to be getting babies out of 2 chickens we bred ourselves aswell
smile.png

Oh and will definately post pics!!!!! At the first sign of a chickie

Last edited:
Ok I just candled for the last time.

I was right 3 eggs are no good but 8 are!!!!!
big_smile.png

I couldnt believe it I even saw one move a little, so amazing

Can still see a few veins in most of them but not as much as before. They must be getting closer shes been on them for 15 full days and at least a few before that.

No pipping though.

CANT WAIT

Well im thinking its at least day 17 now on my bantam eggs (most likely day 18-19) havent checked her yet this morning. (its 8:30am here) so am hoping to go out and see some pips at least lol

Fingers crossed

OMG..she is so cute and looks like she means some serious business. LOL That's a great pic. Good luck with the hatch!

Jody

Thanks guys
smile.png

I was just wondering as I read in another post that you should be able to hear the chick cheeping before they pip. Is that right?? How long can you hear them cheeping before they actually start pipping. I have eggs due to hatch soon (under a broody) and cant hear anything. Was hoping to see some pipping when I checked this morning - but nothing.

Well its about day 18-19 now

STILL NO PIPS
sad.png

I worked out dates and the latest they should hatch is monday (if I found her the day she started sitting.) I thought they would hatch about today but there is no pips. They were candled a few days ago and looked good saw some movement.

Really thought there would be pipping by now though, will wait till this afternoon and check her again!

Next time im using a bator lol

Wish me luck
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom