Waiting, waiting....

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
and waiting. Waiting for the hens to get done in the nest boxes so I can clean them out!
barnie.gif

I'm on a cleaning binge and these hens are going to have to get with that program.
I managed to get one done before another hen came in and growled at me. I left. I'm such a wimp. :|

Hope you can get them cleaned soon. My girls won't use the nesting boxes, they use a little shelter I have outside. I say mine are to lazy to use them.

Quote:
My first girl to lay started before they were moved to their permanent coop. She laid her first few eggs in a canvas lounge chair on the screened porch. When we moved them to the coop she wanted to go back to "her" chair to lay.
A week locked in the coop, which I had to do with the whole flock anyhow so they'd know it was home, cured her.
Now no matter where they are free-ranging the girls always go back to the coop to lay.
At least I think they are all going to the coop to lay. Watch one of the girls make me eat my words by coming in one evening trailing a bunch of chicks.
wink.png

Quote:
My first girl to lay started before they were moved to their permanent coop. She laid her first few eggs in a canvas lounge chair on the screened porch. When we moved them to the coop she wanted to go back to "her" chair to lay.
A week locked in the coop, which I had to do with the whole flock anyhow so they'd know it was home, cured her.
Now no matter where they are free-ranging the girls always go back to the coop to lay.
At least I think they are all going to the coop to lay. Watch one of the girls make me eat my words by coming in one evening trailing a bunch of chicks.
wink.png

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom