Walrus Ivory Jewelry! Rings & Earrings. Prices include shipping! PICS!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by KattyKillFish, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    These are made by me, and all the material were harvested legally by native Alaskans. I am a Silver Hands permit holder and a registered Nondalton Tribal member.here is my information for proof. sorry no I.D. i lost it at the airport in Anchorage and haven't gotten around to getting a new one.
    [​IMG]

PM me if interested. PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING! Comes with a Silver Hands tag with my name and permit number to prove that it is legal.(I will ship only within U.S. and Canada)

round, flat ivory earrings. 90.00 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    ~
    teardrop earrings. 90.00 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    ~
    flat teardrop earrings. 100.00 shipped.
    [​IMG]
    ~
    large, fat teardrop earrings. 85.00 shipped
    [​IMG]
    ~
    long, skinny teardrop earrings. 55.00 shipped (low price because one side has a natural stain)
    [​IMG]
    ~
    FOSSILIZED IVORY EARRINGS W/ TIGERS EYE BEADS!! 95.00 shipped!!
    [​IMG]
    ~
    Ivory ring with Zircon stone and whale baleen inlay size 9. 140.00 shipped
    [​IMG]
    ~
    Ivory ring with whale baleen inlay, size 8. 40.00 shipped
    [​IMG]
    ~
    plain ivory ring, size 10. 50.00 shipped
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  2. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Shame I'm not a jewelry person, those rings are gorgeous, and the one is my size! Good luck selling them. [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Oh, those are lovely!!! This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but how fragile are they? I actually broke my wedding ring when I lived in Alaska...chopping ice of all things. [​IMG]

4. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i am very selective with the piece i use when i make rings. the only one i would worry about is the one with just the inlay. i made that one just because the piece was sturdy, and it is also rather thin. it is priced accordingly [​IMG]
    the others are fairly thick, but not so thick as to feel gawky when you wear it.

thank you all for the nice compliments [​IMG] remember, PM me if you are interested!

5. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    Really lovely, Katty! Wish I were talented enough to make beautiful jewelry like that.

6. Missouri Maiden

Missouri Maiden Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2009
    Southwest Missouri
    I love your rings they are so pretty! You are very talented! [​IMG]

7. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    thank you! most of the money will be going toward my birds to buy feed & improve fencing/housing.

8. goosedragon

goosedragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Central NC
    Knowing a bit about jewery, I have to ask what does the "Silver Hands" denote? From what I could read it appears that it certifies that you are a member of a permitted tribe, but is it supposed to certify that you are a craftman? If so how do you prove your craft skills. ~gd

9. KattyKillFish

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    It basically says that I have proved my native Alaskan ethnicity thus making it legal for me to create and sell Walrus ivory as long as i put the sticker & tags with my ID #, name and ethnicity on them. if any jewelry is bought it should be noted to keep the stickers & tags in case there are any problems with Legality in your area. You can only get the permit if you submit copies of your certificate of indian blood, your birth certificate, your tribal card and a photo ID. you also have to include pictures of you making the crafts where your face can be seen so that you can be matched with your photo ID. it took me a while just to get everything together to send in, they are given exclusively to Native Alaskans.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  10. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    **Topic closed at the request of the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by