Walrus Ivory Jewelry! Rings & Earrings. Prices include shipping! PICS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattyKillFish

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Dillingham, Alaska
These are made by me, and all the material were harvested legally by native Alaskans. I am a Silver Hands permit holder and a registered Nondalton Tribal member.here is my information for proof. sorry no I.D. i lost it at the airport in Anchorage and haven't gotten around to getting a new one.
ID.jpg

PM me if interested. PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING! Comes with a Silver Hands tag with my name and permit number to prove that it is legal.(I will ship only within U.S. and Canada)

round, flat ivory earrings. 90.00 shipped.
P3160003.jpg

~
teardrop earrings. 90.00 shipped.
P3160009.jpg

~
flat teardrop earrings. 100.00 shipped.
P3160010.jpg

~
large, fat teardrop earrings. 85.00 shipped
P3160004.jpg

~
long, skinny teardrop earrings. 55.00 shipped (low price because one side has a natural stain)
P3160011.jpg

~
FOSSILIZED IVORY EARRINGS W/ TIGERS EYE BEADS!! 95.00 shipped!!
P3160005.jpg

~
Ivory ring with Zircon stone and whale baleen inlay size 9. 140.00 shipped
P3160022.jpg

~
Ivory ring with whale baleen inlay, size 8. 40.00 shipped
P3160024.jpg

~
plain ivory ring, size 10. 50.00 shipped
P3160025.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, those are lovely!!! This is going to sound like a really dumb question, but how fragile are they? I actually broke my wedding ring when I lived in Alaska...chopping ice of all things.
smile.png

i am very selective with the piece i use when i make rings. the only one i would worry about is the one with just the inlay. i made that one just because the piece was sturdy, and it is also rather thin. it is priced accordingly
hmm.png

the others are fairly thick, but not so thick as to feel gawky when you wear it.

thank you all for the nice compliments
smile.png
remember, PM me if you are interested!

Really lovely, Katty! Wish I were talented enough to make beautiful jewelry like that.

Knowing a bit about jewery, I have to ask what does the "Silver Hands" denote? From what I could read it appears that it certifies that you are a member of a permitted tribe, but is it supposed to certify that you are a craftman? If so how do you prove your craft skills. ~gd

It basically says that I have proved my native Alaskan ethnicity thus making it legal for me to create and sell Walrus ivory as long as i put the sticker & tags with my ID #, name and ethnicity on them. if any jewelry is bought it should be noted to keep the stickers & tags in case there are any problems with Legality in your area. You can only get the permit if you submit copies of your certificate of indian blood, your birth certificate, your tribal card and a photo ID. you also have to include pictures of you making the crafts where your face can be seen so that you can be matched with your photo ID. it took me a while just to get everything together to send in, they are given exclusively to Native Alaskans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom