Wander’s wandering days are over!

sekeyslaks

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Happy soon-to-be-Thanksgiving everybody! Look at who I’m thankful for this year,my new barn cat Wander! :love He showed up a few years ago as a VERY timid but friendly,healthy(but skinny)stray and has been patrolling our neighborhood since over several properties.He showed up randomly weeks or months between visits to our property and each time I fed him and gave him much desired love to try and encourage to him to stay as my barn cat.Now I’m happy to say that he is so much happier and beginning to get his weight back and now stays at our barn indefinitely though still wanders when we aren’t in the barn with him.And is now so pet-ish he let’s me pick him up,put his collar on officially and keeps following me Everywhere even to my house!he acts like a protective guard dog when I’m in the coop and does not attack my chickens!
00F68CE2-133B-4FBA-A2CD-66DB58999796.jpeg
70F90D0F-5449-43EC-8277-0C88FD7D90D3.jpeg
57F3AAA2-F3B1-4A49-A039-4497CA72190B.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: Turns out one of my neighbors is also sharing this sweet stray with me!She was really happy to see his new collar and told me of his history as well! Apparently he was abandoned a few years ago when he was a few years old and later had a bad accident when a car ran over him and broke his back right leg so bad they had to decide whether to put him down.Without my neighbors help he would have died and we never would have met!Since then he has just been recovering in their garage and wandering about the area avoiding people until he gave us a chance. :yesss:

Back
Top Bottom