Wanna hear something just toe curling?

sparkles2307

Terd of Hurtles
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
Northwestern Minnesota
The office building I work in is old. Really OLD. My mom was born here (back when it was a hospital, before it was a nursing home, before it was a county office) and it was old THEN. SO, this building isnt very well maintained, its just nasty. I have severe allergies and ever since I moved to this building for work in November '08 I have been sick every day and had migraines. Last week, Child Support filled up with sewer gas. Ish! Then it spread to the rest of the building before the Managers would do anything about it. Nice. So a worker went into the basement (our tornado shelter) with her camera and took pics of the BLACK MOLD growing all the way up the walls and spreading on the ceiling (the floor of our offices) ...ew. Public Health and another inspector were both thru here by Friday with clipboards and questions. There was a Management meeting this morning. They called all of us into a mandatory meeting right after their meeting. We have been given boxes and two days to get our stuff packed. We are outta here! They are putting us in temp locations (some of us in the jail, some at the sheriff, some in the courthouse...etc.) till our new office is done being remodeled. How gross to be working in a toxic office! We are all so relieved, morale is so high in this place now you wouldnt believe it!

WOOW!
ep.gif

Mold scares me
hide.gif

It's very lucky for you that you are able to move out of that space! Black mold can cause such serious ongoing health issues. If it was already causing you problems, it's really a good thing you are able to get out of there!

I should show your post to my daughter! She's working in a fairly new building, but the roof has been leaking over her personal office for a couple of years. Ever since she started working there a few months ago, she's had a cough. They finally took the ceiling panels down and guess what they found...yep, black mold. She's seeing a doctor about her respiratory problems and they are re-doing the roof and inside her office. I'm just praying the damage to her lungs isn't permanent. This stuff is serious! I am very glad that they have moved you out of your building!
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom