Want large chicken eggs for kids hatching project...Spring, TX

BirdBrain

Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Alaska
The kids and I are making an incubator and would like to try hatching chickens (large variety--no bantams). Is there any one around north Houston that would have eggs available after Christmas?

I am below Houston. Victoria area. I could get you some Black Ameraucana, White Ameraucana and maybe a few Marans if I have some extras.

How many you need?

Danny D

I will be in Magnolia on the 13th for a guinea pig show. If you want some now I could bring a doz. They would be mixed breed right at this moment - maybe some pure Easter Eggers. Just PM me and let me know. Would save shipping.

Quote:
Hi Fellow Victoria Area resident!
frow.gif

Thanks so much ya'll. We are planning to build our bator this weekend, but since we are going to be in Victoria for Christmas, we thought we would like to set eggs after Christmas and have some late January babies.

Mixed breeds are fine with us. We are just happy to have the opportunity to experience the miracle of hatching. We homeschool and I found some wonderful lesson plans to accompany a hatching project. We don't have our farm yet and we live in one of those "much loved" HOA's that think chickens would bring down the neighborhood. We have some friends that have 30+ acres of wonderfulness and are needing some new birds as a pack of dogs wiped them out this summer. It looks like this is going to work out just fine. I will contact ya'll right after Christmas or just before to see who's birds are still laying. Thanks SO much!!

BirdBrain that is not a problem. I have a few that I am thinking will lay through the winter. So far no one here has stopped actually. I am just north of Victoria, so let me know if we can help. My kids LOVE animal projects. We have a zoo set up here really. At least that is what DH says!

Dan I am just north of Victoria headed toward Hallettsville. My hubby does work off and on down there in Port Lavaca. We also did the pony show there for the stock show. Small world. LOL

Wow, you guys are all close! I am in Conroe... Well closer to The Woodlands really.

Dan it is good to see you here, how have you been?

We have Ameraucana, Faverolles and Marans.

Blessings,
Melissa

I'm doing very well, thank you Melissa.
I have sold off most of my Ameraucanas and deal mostly with Silkies and Copper Marans now.

I am interested in maybe getting some of your Faverolles and your Marans. Could you email me at [email protected].

Thanks,

danny d

Back
Top Bottom