Want to adopt small puppy GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RUHAMA, Jan 23, 2008.

1. RUHAMA

RUHAMA Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    GA
    Would like to adopt a mixed FEMALE small (about 20 lbs when adult) puppy. Especially like the papillion, long-hair chihuahua or collie look, but am not really picky. Just a small lovable mutt. Can pay reasonable adoption fee. Must be young puppy to be accepted and mothered by Trixie (my larger dog) also. Have been watching Craigslist, the classifieds and web shelter and rescue sites, but no baby for me yet. If you know of one available nearby, please let me know. Thanks.

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Have you tried www.petfinder.com ?

Put in your criteria on the left hand side of the screen and your zip and it'll show you all the dogs available in your area.

3. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    the thing about mixes is that it is really difficult to know exactly how large they will be when they are tiny pups.
    you could consider adopting a very young adult if size is a big issue.
    puppies are popular and are usually the first "out" in shelters and rescues. so you'll have to be super vigilant if you want a young puppy.

good luck!
    [​IMG]

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Ive got a female puppy but shes a purebred and will be 40 lbs. I want to find someone to adopt her. let me know if interested

5. RUHAMA

RUHAMA Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2007
    GA
    I tried an older dog, but she couldn't get along with my larger dog. I had 2 snarrling dogs! That is why I have to go with a puppy. Thanks Tiki244, I already have a 40+ lb dog. I really miss a small teddy bear to snuggle with. I also can not drive to Wisconsin and would not put a puppy through shipping. I could go to GA, SC, TN, AL or north FL. I am watching the petfinder now Thanks.

6. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Don't know how cloe you are to Thomas County but I heard they just rescued 50 small dogs. The ones i saw on TV were very small and all ages they are looking for people to adopt its the Thomas County Humane Society. Hope this helps Micki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by