WANTED bantam eggs in NH

chubbydog811

Songster
11 Years
Dec 24, 2008
New Hampshire
I'm looking for just about any kind of Bantam eggs. Pick up, drop off, or priority mail in NH only.

I would love to get some more frizzles - got my shipment from Welp, and I think they are all roos!
sad.png

I have a preference for the fuzzy feet too
smile.png

Anyway, Let me know if you have any! I have 2 incubators now, and can't wait to fill them!!!

Oh ya! I got some from her last month! I wasn't sure if they were all bantams though - looking for just bantams, no bigger than that...
Im trying to build up a 'free range' flock, that is going to have a regular sized fence to keep the dogs out, but I want the size of the bantams so I dont need to put a top on the fence (that would be a lot of fencing to enclose it!)

As for fences, for the standard size girls we have fenced in the back 1/2 acre with the $10 a roll plastic fencing from walmart. It is even off the ground in places, but they are fine. The only place we have to have a higher fence is looking at it from the back doorstep! The girls see me, instantly think I have treats and fly for me!
But you don't have to keep just bantams with a fence as such.

I do have mottled bantam Cochins, they are the sweetest! I tried one batch with no go but I need to trim everyones pants to make a better connection. After that, if you want to try some eggs, you are welcome to some.

Where in NH are you? I'm near the Maine side of the White Nat'l Forest, Approx N.Conway (ish)/Berlin, NH (ish).

problem with banties up here is even though they can't get out, the hawks grab them up easy without a top. I freerange my LF but between the osprey and hawks I wouldn't dare free range my bantams.
1chick_magnet has silkies I believe.....

The fence is more for the dogs anyway - I would hate to have one decide it doesn't like where it is, and get eaten by a hungary little jack russel. Its not going to be quite so big (other reason for bantams) - its going to be next to our barn, which is 60 some feet long, and its going to be about 10' across. Big enough to keep them entertained for a little while, but maybe not big enough to keep them in when they get bored with it. We've lost a good amount of chickens to that stupid dog, and I would hate to lose anymore!
And I would most definitely like to try some of your eggs once theyre clipped up!
I'm in Barnstead. Not sure how far away that is - I haven't had to travel that way before
smile.png

Edited to reply: Im not too worried about the hawks. I have only ever seen one actually swoop into the barn area. Besides that, since they are going to be right next to the barn, and close to the horses, it might be a harder target for them...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom