WANTED: Blue Orpingtons that would like to live in NE GA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mudderhen, May 14, 2008.

1. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    I would like some Blue Orpingtons, and maybe a Buff or two. No eggs please. I don't have an incubator.

2. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Cynthia (Speckled hen) is in your area and she breeds Blue Orpingtons, but I do not think she has any available now, but it would not hurt to PM her and see when she may have more. Cynthia is very nice and helpful.

Good Luck

3. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    She stays booked up on egg's but she may have a cockeral for sale.i don't think she has buff's but I maybe wrong.I have 2 8 week old buff orp cockeral that are free to a good home.I have the parents in my pen.

4. mudderhen

mudderhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    Clarkesville, GA
    Thanks, I will try to find her. I hate to sound picky, but I would rather have pullets/hens, or pairs. I have 26 chickens right now, and three are definitely cockerals/roosters. I don't think I can handle any more "just roos". But thank you so very much for offering.

The verdict is still out on one, and i'm afraid one had a sex change when I wasn't looking... hen-e-roo?

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Blue Orpingtons are very large chickens. To have a rooster of the variety you would need to have equally as large breeds of hens to prvent them being hurt during mating. Those of us with pullets don't part with them easily. There are a couple of more private type hatcheries that do hatch and sell straight run orps. To the best of my knowledge they are booked up for the year right now.

Good luck on your hunt for the Blues.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by