Wanted: Eggs, feather-footed or heavy type, prefer local (NH MA ME)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BlacksheepCardigans, Nov 27, 2010.

1. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    We're nearing the end of our first hatch, with 12 of 18 shipped EEs heading into lockdown, so we feel confident enough of our incubator skills to put in some purebreds.

We're looking for feather-footed OR other heavy (English-style) LF or bantam, breeding/SOP quality - we won't be showing but I do like to see nice typey birds. Brahmas, Orpingtons, Cochins, etc. Would die for Faverolles, though I think they're out of our price range right now. Our priorities are healthy, vigorous birds who lay decently and hatch well and do so for a good number of years.

We can spend $25-30 including shipping, which is why I'd prefer local so we can pay you what your eggs are worth. If you have eggs (10+ or 12+) in that range including shipping, we're happy to ship again.

Our birds are treated very well, with a large converted shed barn and a 50 x 100 yard. We have four daughters who are very excited about adding to our existing flock of mystery birds and mixes.

Thanks so much!

2. spydertoys

spydertoys Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Munfordville, Kentucky
    I have some nice Orps, Standard Cochins and other large fowl if you are interested. I charge $25 for a dozen plus any extras when I can get them and shipping is included.

Sydney
    Feather People Farm

3. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Hi Black sheep,
    There is a swap next sun Dec 5th at the westford sportsmen club in westford ma.on west st.It starts at 8:00am.If you go to www.nasbirdclub.org,you will find all the info.and directions.
    in N.H.,Tony.

4. Liexicof15

Liexicof15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2010
    Tampa
    I have purebred barred rock eggs and purebred silkie eggs in partridge and blue/black/splash. I can do 12+ for $25 shipping included. All are breeder quality and healthy. I can give you all silkie or a combination, just not all barred rock, only have 2 hens. I can do Paypal for payment. Let me know if you want any!

5. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I will be getting BO and faverolle chicks in March. Sent you a PM so let me know. I know you were originally looking for eggs but I thought I would throw that out there [​IMG]

6. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    i have a nice flock of sq light brahmas. that are currently on strike. after there first moult. 2 or three eggs a day out of 14 hens. i have started them on calf mana so i hope they start back laying soon. they are finally getting there feathers back. i can do a dozen for 25.00 shipping included. as soon as they start laying better. i have pics also. i can send through email. let me know if your interested............

7. BlacksheepCardigans

BlacksheepCardigans Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    Southeast NH
    I wanted to say a HUGE thanks to those who PMed me and responded. I am getting back to you all, I promise [​IMG]. I think I found some wonderful eggs for local pickup, but I am so excited to know that there are good sources out there for the next time. Bigdawg, I have a HUGE soft spot for Light Brahmas and am excited to know that they're a possibility.

8. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by