Wanted: Hatching Eggs (Geese, Ducks, Peafowl)

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by CYGChickies, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CYGChickies

CYGChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Hello everyone! I am planning a big Spring hatch and I'm wanting to get my planning done early so I'm wanting to get some Duck and Goose eggs if possible. I would like to set them on Valentine's Day and I don't know anyone personally that has waterfowl or peafowl so I'm reaching out to make some contacts. I have some favorite breeds I'd like to buy eggs of but I am open to some others as well.

Geese - African Grey, Sebastopol
    Ducks - Swedish Black, Peking, Muscovy, Indian Runner, I'd be open to any other fairly docile colorful breed.

Any estimates would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

ETA: I've been informed that peafowl eggs won't be available that early.

CYG

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    you wont find peafowl until closer to June

We have 3 breeds of duck (please see our farm site for details)
    We also have Sebastopol geese (again see the farm site for details)

3. CYGChickies

Jun 13, 2011
    Thank you for the info about peafowl. I will check out your site!

CYG

4. GardienneWings

GardienneWings Chillin' With My Peeps

I have African and Sebastopol Geese, Pekin, Muscovy, & Khaki Campbell ducks, Peafowl, a dozen varieties of Chickens, and 6 varieties of Turkeys. Not sure what I will have by Feb but last year (a very warm winter) we had turkey and pea eggs in late Jan though fertility wasn't great until March. Feel free to email me in Feb and I'll let you know what has started laying :)

Val

5. CYGChickies

Jun 13, 2011
    Cool thanks!

6. 1MrsMagoo

1MrsMagoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    St Tammany Parish LA
    After I fill about 5 orders, I will have Buff Saddleback Pomeranian and Production Toulouse Goose hatching eggs available. I have a large photo album linked at the bottom of my post that has photos of my geese. PM me if you would be interested. My geese should be laying well by that point, as will most that live in the deep south. You may have trouble finding sources in more Northern regions that early: A lot of folks geese don't lay till March.

Just a note: CelticOaks, who answered above, tried Pomeranians and Sebestapols and found they don't mix. So if you are planning on multiple breeds make sure to find out if they get along. The Poms like pulling the curly feathers: They aren't mean, but they are just boogers that way!

7. ppimf

ppimf Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2012
    ellis kansas
    I will have rouen, pekin, and fawn and white runner eggs, all birds will be in trio's in seperate pens starting jan 5 or so. let em know if your interested in anything.

8. heirloomorps

heirloomorps Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2012
    Brooksville, FL
    My Coop
    We have Peking duck eggs, but we can't guarantee they will be purebred as they are free ranging with Mallards and Apricots.

9. erthymom2

erthymom2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    interested in some saddlebacks ans toulous hatching eggs whenever they are ready. shipping to zipcode 14883. thanks.

10. duckiefanatic

duckiefanatic Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Do you still want hatching eggs? I have jumbo pekin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by