Wanted in WV Puppy

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CrazyFowlFreak, Apr 29, 2009.

1. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Hi, we're looking to get a puppy for the farm. To guard the chickens, etc. Ideally we'd like a Great Pyrenees, but will seriously consider any type of herding/guard dog. Please post here. We live in South East WV and will consider traveling up to four hours any way to pick up or meet. Thanks!! [​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Have you tried the WV State Ag Market Bulletin online? I saw a few ads posted just the other day for their May issue in the Miscellaneous ads.

Hello from my part of WV, [​IMG]

3. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    Greetings from Preston Co.

There are always ads in the Bulletin Board - on sale at most convenient stores. Also, maybe a close animal shelter?

4. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Yes, I would try the Bulletin Board. I see Great Pyrenees pups a good bit in there.

Greetings from Mon/Marion County.

5. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    Have you tried petfinders.com? They have a lot of rescue pups. We got two through them and they are the perfect pups for us! Just go to http://www.petfinder.com/index.html and enter the criteria for what you are looking for and your zip code. The one we found in Virginia is absolutely wonderful - and she travels all over to deliver the pets that are adopted from her. Her name is Betty Sue and this is the link to the rescue pets she currently has http://tinyurl.com/OurCritters (it's a Petfinder link but kind of long, so I made a tinyurl out of it) if she has anything you are interested in, I'm sure she can meet you somewhere.

Hope that helps,
    Penny

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
  7. IggiMom

IggiMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    West Virginia
    Hey, hey, I just picked up the Bulletin Board and someone in there has Gr. Pyr.
    puppies.

It isn't in the room with me to look at, shall I look up the phone number for you?

8. Shanay235

Shanay235 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    WV
    Quote:Just saw this in the WV Agr. Market Bulletin..............

Great Pyrenees pups, goat raised, $100/ea. Dorothy Stewart, Rt. 1, Box 545, Fort Gay, 25514; 272-6422

9. CrazyFowlFreak

CrazyFowlFreak Pine Hill Farm

Apr 24, 2009
    WV
    Awesome! Thanks so much:D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by