Wanted: Small Bantam Hen - Young - Pet

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by little_grey_bantam, Nov 26, 2011.

1. little_grey_bantam

little_grey_bantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Russell County
    Well, my Ladybird has been gone for over almost 3 months now and my heart still hurts and I suppose it'll hurt for awhile. I figured I'd try here to maybe fix it or come spring, I'll be looking for a new birdie. I tried petfinder, but they're all too big.

In my mind, I keep playing in my head myself opening up boxes of chicks going "Where are you, Ladybird?" so maybe finding another "baby" bird to adopt would be good for me.
    Ladybird was a 15-17 ounce Silver Duckwing Olde English Game Bantam hen and by golly, I know I'll never replace her, but I sure as hell miss a pain in the rear hen annoying the chit outta me and more often, napping with me on the couch and bed, going gardening, driving around the lake, etc. I especially miss cooking for her and her bothering me while studying or reading where she'd hop onto my head or lap or give me an earful [​IMG]

I'm looking for a little bantam hen, preferably around the 16 ounce weight, give or take, as a full adult, because she will be an indoor bird (something bigger than that is too much, Opal is just 1/4 more than that and wowie, bigger mess!

Doesn't matter the breed, colors, etc., but I do prefer a pullet - not because I hate roosters (I have 20 PET roosters and they always want the girls!) I'd prefer a young one, maybe just feathering out, but a super young pullet would be alright too unless you've got a REALLY REALLY super friendly pullet.

I would prefer to give one a home that needs a home. I am specifically looking for a very friendly pullet with that *special* personality. I don't care if she's gimpy, one-legged, uglier than sin, sounds like a dying squealing sow being butchered or anything. I'm wanting a pet that is special to someone's heart that they cannot give a good home too anymore.

I adopted a 10 year old hen 4 years ago named Opal, but she's not very friendly [​IMG] I can help pay some, but hopefully am just looking for a good home to give to a needy bird. If you can keep a look out for a bird for me, that would be great too. She'll have a wonderful wonderful home and be spoiled like a rotten kid!

Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I have a bantam-ish hen who is special needs and looking for a new home. She is very sweet, though she's probably a bit bigger than what you are looking for. She is special needs because she is missing an eye [​IMG] I'm not sure what happened to her eye, but she's been like that for a very long time (at least 1 1/2 years). I believe she is about 2 years old, but she could be a little older than that. If you want her, you can have her for cost of shipping, probably $40-$50 depending on where you are.

[​IMG]

ETA: She is very friendly and doesn't mind being petted or loved on [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  3. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I emailed you. [​IMG]

4. woodsedge

woodsedge Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2011
    la rue, ohio
    email sent i have 2 hens that need new home asap

5. sodabottlebantams

sodabottlebantams Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2011
    Alma, Georgia
    i have a very friendly ginger red oeg. pm if interested.
    thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by