1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wanted to share this funny picture of our waterer

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Smiling Angel, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Smiling Angel

Smiling Angel Chickens R Us

Mar 28, 2014
    Central New Jersey
    Last spring, I made my flock's waterer using a 5 gallon Coleman water cooler and the Brite Tap system with the two nipples on it. After several months, one of our girls starting roosting on top of it. and naturally, with that came her droppings. It bothered me no end because when I went to take the top off and add more water, I had to be careful not to let the poop fall into the water. I knew what I wanted to fix this problem, and about a month ago I found a huge funnel on Amazon. So, with a little ingenuity, I was able to attach it on top of the lid.

So, here's a picture. No more poop on the lid [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. grammyschicks

grammyschicks New Egg

May 22, 2015
    Ha ha good idea I don't think you'll have any chickens roosting up there!

3. ChickityChina

ChickityChina Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2016
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I am definitely going to be attaching a cone to each of our waterer and feed buckets! It does look funny though :D - Thanks for the pic!

4. Smiling Angel

Smiling Angel Chickens R Us

Mar 28, 2014
    Central New Jersey
    Anyone remember the old cartoon Tom Terrific? Don't remember too much about him, but I DO remember that he had a funnel for a hat....LOL [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by