Wanting to buy Serama hatching eggs

Schultz

CluckN'Crow Farm
11 Years
Aug 5, 2008
Indianapolis
We are really wanting Seramas this year. Preferably Class A or B. Please help us. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Mine are just starting to lay again. Its been cold here! This is my 3rd gen of some really nice and typey birds. I just moved around the breeding pens so I would give them a week or two to be fertile from the rooster I paired them with. I live near Lexington KY. I have a frizzled line also that are full serama also that will be ready soon.
There is a guy on here named Frank, and I have seen pics of his birds. They looked nice, if you want eggs now, look for him!
smile.png

Thanks!

They can come in all sizes when bred together. It is very hard to predict what size the babies will be as the serama is not yet a breed. It is just a land race and there is much variation. But I can see you wouldnt want humungo birds, thats no good.

Quote:
I konw someone with a KILLER GOOD flock of seramas, all colors, outstanding type. She probably has oh... twenty or thirty hens split into two pens and more than one roo in each pen.

Even if they come from all small birds, there is no guarantee that the ones that hatch will not be larger. Also they are very hard to hatch and even a good hatch rate (not sent through the mail) is usually around 80%, so 51 5I hear anyway.

I had 51 eggs sent to me from two sellers and hatched 4.

Last edited:
this sounds off but with serama, practice, practice, practice the first batch I set (40 eggs) igot 2 to hatch, Last batch of shipped eggs 12, 2 where clear, 10 hatched. I know thats vrey unusual for shipped eggs but my eggs go 85% or more avarage is 93% of hatchable eggs (clear not in the count)

the first 40 were not shipped I drove 2 hr to get them from the breeder.

Last edited:
a turner, dryer humidity, don't open except to add water (warm water), Keep in quite cool place. The shipped eggs though were in my living room, but we are burning wood and were I kept the 'bator last year in the basement, there was to much flux in the temp. the shipped eggs are about my 20th + time with serama

I got mine from kbbeale shipped from Texas made the trip to Alabama today is day 21 3 little yellow fuzzies so far 3 others have pipped just have broken through yet 5 others nothing yet.

I have 13+ on the: Rare Breeds Egg Chain if you have something to swap

the reason there is so many I dislocated my shoulder last mon and have to slow down on hatching and I dont want to waste the eggs

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom