WARNING! Fake Ball lids being sold...

tripletfeb

Livin' in the new world with an old soul 🛸🏴‍☠️3T
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jun 9, 2018
The little farm, northern Ohio
This is just a warning thread for any home canners out there. I can't find Ball canning lids anywhere(surprise surprise) so I ordered wide mouth ones on Amazon. Well, at least I thought I ordered authentic Ball lids. Turns out, they are fake! I'll post pictures but the boxes are bigger and clearly fake. They say regular mouth on the top and wide mouth on the front. And the lids don't say Ball anywhere on them! Anyone that cans knows that Ball always labels every lid they have. And these fake ones don't seal! I had to reseal my tomatoes with real Ball lids I borrowed from my mom. Moms to the rescue! Anyways, just be cautious of any sold on Amazon. I will be returning these fakes, should be getting my money back. Happy canning!

Attachments

• 16018557064003893163399406065926.jpg
    16018557064003893163399406065926.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 1601855736573588901227183850785.jpg
    1601855736573588901227183850785.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 16018557724187212240385844194327.jpg
    16018557724187212240385844194327.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 37
This is just a warning thread for any home canners out there. I can't find Ball canning lids anywhere(surprise surprise) so I ordered wide mouth ones on Amazon. Well, at least I thought I ordered authentic Ball lids. Turns out, they are fake! I'll post pictures but the boxes are bigger and clearly fake. They say regular mouth on the top and wide mouth on the front. And the lids don't say Ball anywhere on them! Anyone that cans knows that Ball always labels every lid they have. And these fake ones don't seal! I had to reseal my tomatoes with real Ball lids I borrowed from my mom. Moms to the rescue! Anyways, just be cautious of any sold on Amazon. I will be returning these fakes, should be getting my money back. Happy canning!
Dang, that had to be so frustrating!! Glad your Mom had some to back you up. :thumbsup

Dang, that had to be so frustrating!! Glad your Mom had some to back you up. :thumbsup

Me too. I would hate to waste all the tomatoes I had waiting! Been canning for years and years. I have never seen such a shortage of canning supplies! Dang covid

Hmm.. We bought some lids, last one's we saw searching after everything 'disappeared' at a store not online. I'll havta ask DW tomorrow if they were Ball. I just know she had some sealing probs big time maybe they were fake bad IDK?

Hmm.. We bought some lids, last one's we saw searching after everything 'disappeared' at a store not online. I'll havta ask DW tomorrow if they were Ball. I just know she had some sealing probs big time maybe they were fake bad IDK?

Probably were. It's unfortunate but the demand for canning supplies is increasing, so people will try and swindle others. I'm just glad, since I've been canning whole life, I could see the fakes a mile away. I feel bad for the people that didn't know any better and used them. Their food will be bad or moldy when they go to use it! :sick

Back
Top Bottom